Conceptual Senior Designer - Birmingham £30,000
As a conceptual designer, you are an already established senior creative that has a conceptual mind, the ability to look at things differently, think laterally and outside of the box. You will be part of the conceptual and graphic design team within creative services, working closely with Project Leads and alongside creative direction.
The overall objective is to think broadly and boldly and deliver a full selection of solutions that answer the brief, whilst always keeping in mind the brand perception and values of the company. In doing so a Conceptual Designer will inspire the client and team members, lead and support all levels of design and creative talent across each project, defining and advancing a positive and highly productive design culture for both the creative department and company.
- Conceptualising the strategic direction of a project to provide creative, professional and functional deliverables that align with business needs.
- Create high-level concepts, designs and innovative ideas for design, print and electronic deliverables within the company brand.
- Execute strategic, bespoke and routine design projects from concept through production, effectively prioritising work and balancing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Determine project scope including effective brief taking, negotiating deadlines, and creating and communicating timescales, to define cost estimates for complex marketing/communication campaigns.
- Actively contribute to strategy sessions and follow-up/debrief meetings with all levels of staff within the firm.
- Determine project scope including effective brief taking, negotiating deadlines, and creating and communicating timescales.
- Pursue, share and champion best practices within the creative department.
- Excellent knowledge and application of the company's visual identity; promote awareness of visual identity in the business. Keep up to date with the evolution of company's brand. When working on branded projects, the Conceptual Designer is to act as brand guardian to ensure all design collateral produced by the design team is faithful to company brand guidelines.
- Flexibility to meet consultant and project team demands in order to produce the required output, including remote working, client site work, weekend or after-hours work.
- Proof read documents for typographical errors and inconsistencies in layout.
- Comfortable maintaining a high level of design, from concept stage to completion
- Advanced technical skills in Adobe CC and OSX
- Strong skills in typography, layout, digital design and colour.
- In depth knowledge of print design
- Up-to-date with current industry trends
- The ability to think creatively and deliver clever concepts
- Pitching to high level corporate teams
- Understands how to integrate with a clientside teams whilst maintaining a top tier agency service
- Can challenge clients in a polite but confident manner
- The ability to keep a cool head and meet deadlines
- Superb time management skills
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working with staff at all levels.
- Good project/time management and problem solving skills.
- A team player who takes ownership of their work and shares the responsibility of meeting the team’s service delivery goals.
- Focuses on delivering quality service and demonstrates attention to detail.
- A good understanding of the role of a brand within an organisation and the importance of consistent corporate identity and communications.
- Full knowledge of print production. Able to produce print specifications and can articulate and demonstrate ability to execute appropriate design layouts that are suitable for final printing output.
- Maintain awareness of latest techniques, software packages, equipment, best practices and developments within the design community.
- Customer service focused, and able to liaise and influence staff at all levels
- Professional, confident and enthusiastic team player with a flexible can-do attitude.
- Work effectively in a team environment, including co-working on projects, co-developing ideas, giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Robust and resilient disposition.
- Proven experience working as a Senior or Conceptual Designer in a professional graphics department/agency.
- 7yrs+ graphic design experience
- Able to supply and talk through an up to date portfolio of own work