Residential Underwriting Specialist
Together Money is hiring a Roving Underwriter to work in the West Midlands, North West & Yorkshire area.
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. We are going through a period of unprecedented growth and have grown in profit during every year of trading since 1974.
This is a field based role and involves pro-actively managing relationships with our broker network and underwriting lending decisions, specifically concerning our commercial, bridging and buy to let products.
The successful applicant will be confident in making lending decisions, with significant underwriting experience.
• Provide an on-site support to our brokers within a specified territory
• Assess the risk and accurately underwrite bridging, commercial and buy to let finance applications
• Provide training to the brokers on all aspects of packaging, processes and products
• Manage the relationships with the brokers alongside the regional BDMs and work to an agreed plan of action for the territory
• Minimise the risk to the business and the applicant with a strong focus on fraud avoidance at all stages of an application
• Ensure consistency in decisions and service levels across the underwriting teams and escalate inconsistencies
• Improve broker performance through effective use of MI, identifying trends and taking corrective steps to enable proactive feedback and training support needed
Experience and skills required:
• In depth knowledge of the commercial finance lending market
• A proven and experienced lending decision maker
• Strong underwriting skills
• Experience of managing key accounts/relationships
• Strong relationship building skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Experience of designing and delivering training sessions
• The ability to identify trends and analyse data
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• The ability to work to strict targets
• Ability to manipulate data in Excel
• Experience of using CRM would be advantageous
We are offering a competitive basic salary with a generous bonus structure, company car and comprehensive benefits.
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West’s most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, child care vouchers, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.