Maintenance Technician / Multi Skilled Engineer - Theme Park
Job Title: Maintenance Technician (Ride Engineer)
Location: Canaston Bridge, Pembrokeshire
Salary: £20,000 - £23,500 Dependent on Experience
Closing Date: Thursday, 8th March 2018
The Theme Park, located in 80 acres of idyllic setting of Pembrokeshire, West Wales, has an exciting opportunity for an individual to join its team as a Maintenance Technician (Ride Engineer).
As a Maintenance Technician, you will need a flexible approach to carrying out mechanical and electrical inspection duties as required at this fast paced attraction. You will play a key role in maintaining the guest rides ranging from white knuckle rides to children's smaller rides to the highest standards, ensuring all safety guidelines and procedures are always adhered to. Preventative and on-going maintenance must be done on a daily basis within the attraction and your problem solving and technical expertise will be required to address ride breakdowns and technical issues.
During off peak and winter periods assist in the annual inspection of all rides and attractions ensuring compliance with Amusement Device Inspection Procedure Scheme (ADIPS).
- You will need to have completed a recognised apprenticeship and/or hold recognised qualification(s) in a relevant engineering discipline. For example: City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3/BTEC/ONC/HNC.
- You must be confident to work at heights when required. Full training will be given.
- Previous experience of Rides Maintenance within the industry would be beneficial.
- Experience in fault finding, diagnostics and working on hydraulic and pneumatic systems is essential.
- You will be methodical, thorough in your approach to tasks and will have an eye for detail which will ensure that you are always complying with the numerous regulations that govern some aspects of this role. Health and safety will be your utmost priority in all the tasks that you carry out.
This is a full time post which involves a working week of 40 hours based on a departmental shift pattern and this also includes working early mornings, weekends and Bank Holidays. A full driving license is essential.
About the Benefits:
Alongside competitive salary, the company is offering a benefits package that includes a pension plan, holiday package increasing on an annual basis, two week Christmas close down period, Monday to Friday working out of season and an Annual Pass into the company's attractions worldwide.
Your covering letter WILL be used as a sifting mechanism so make sure it stands out from the crowd!
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Property Maintenance Officer, Maintenance Engineer, Handyperson, Plumber, Painter, Decorator, Electrical Maintenance, Builder, General Builder, Installations, Pipe Repairs, Kitchen Maintenance, Bathroom Maintenance, Kitchen Repairs, Bathroom Repairs, Electrical Services, Builder, Property Maintenance will also be considered for this role.