Senior Software Engineer (Python / Django)
Farfetch are looking for a senior software engineer to lead the software development on a large-scale machine learning project within the company. Working with the latest models and software libraries in computer vision, natural language processing and deep learning, you will use your vast amount of engineering experience to design and implement scalable and robust software solutions. You will work closely with the data scientists and project stakeholders to ensure that the software design meets the requirements of the project. You will supervise other software engineers on the project.
What you’ll do:
- You will lead the software development on initially one large-scale machine learning project as part of a Data Science team and other inquisitive minds.
- You will work with the latest computer vision, natural language processing and deep learning software libraries.
- You will work cross-functionally with Reliability, Software and Data Engineers to design scalable and robust software solutions.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in a technical field, with strong algorithms, data structures and coding background.
- You are proficient in Python, with experience in the creation of services using frameworks such as Django or Flask.
- You are a mover, a quick one, always calm under pressure and live to deliver value by providing simple solutions to complex problems.
- You are able to show data scientist how to get their code to production quality without making them cry (too much).
- You are able to keep a straight face when hearing some of the crazy ideas data scientists want to put into production, and are willing and able to work with them to make it a reality.
- You are experienced in constructing and maintaining large-scale key-value databases with frameworks such as Redis.
- You know all about code release, deployment, scheduling and monitoring (Artifactory, Octopus, TeamCity, Gradle, Airflow, Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus).
- You have a solid understanding of SQL.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- You have experience managing and mentoring junior team members.
- You have experience working with deep learning technologies, such as Tensorflow or Torch, in a production environment.
- You have experience with error-tracking technologies, such as Sentry.
About the department:
We're the beating heart of Farfetch, supporting the running of the business and exploring new and exciting technologies across web, mobile and instore to help us transform the industry. Split across three main offices - London, Porto and Lisbon - we are the fastest growing team in the business. We're committed to turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help us shape tomorrow's customer experience.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.