Are you an experienced and exceptional Underwriter keen to join a growing company known for its positive culture and ethos? This exciting business based in Watford is looking for an Underwriter with knowledge and exposure of the mortgage and loans industry.
You’ll join a supportive team of Underwriters who ensure that customer loan applications are underwritten efficiently in line with company quality standards. This is a 12 month fixed term contract, with working hours set as Monday through to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm. There are fantastic benefits to be had including contributory pension, healthcare, a cycle to work scheme and more!
The day to day responsibilities of the role are to:
- Understand and evaluate the risks associated with every application
- Obtain all necessary documentation to make accurate and appropriate lending decisions
- Manually underwrite applications efficiently and effectively
- Liaise in a professional manner with third parties to fully understand applications and risk
- Manage own caseload and underwrite cases in accordance with company policy/guidelines
- Keep up to date with and apply current regulatory, legal and compliance practices
- Continually look at ways to improve underwriting processes and procedures within the company.
You will experience working within a regulated environment, ideally with roles within banking, lending or finance. You will boast excellent literacy and numeracy skills as an awareness and understanding of FCA regulatory obligations.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, apply today!
Please note that the successful candidate will require a clear credit and full DBS check which will be carried out by the company prior to starting.