Leading National Architecture Practice has an immediate requirement for a Management Accountant on an initial 6 Month Fixed Term Contract to provide additional support to the project accounting function and assist with the financial year end and statutory audit.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this is a diverse and challenging role. Key responsibilities for the Management Accountant include:
- Managing a portfolio of projects, attending monthly performance meetings to review costs, resource forecasts, monitoring change orders/variations to the agreed scope of services and ensuring accurate recognition of revenue (WIP/Deferred Income)
- Providing detailed job costing to assist both the submissions team and project leaders with bid support
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, managing working papers, balance sheet reconciliations and processing of month end journals including prepayments, accruals, FX and depreciation
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
The Management Accountant will also be responsible for:
- Assisting with monthly and quarterly reporting for presentation to partners
- Preparation of statutory audit deliverables and liaison with auditors
- Producing project reconciliations and management of sub-consultant costs
- Ensuring all appropriate contract documentation is in place and executed
Suitable applicants for the Management Accountant position will:
- Be a Fully Qualified Accountant
- Have a strong understanding of Project Accounting
- Ideally have prior experience within a Professional Services environment such as Architecture & Design, Construction Support, Legal or Consultancy, however, candidates with a background in Construction, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Energy or similar will also be considered
- Have Advanced Excel
This is an excellent opportunity to join a strong team within a thriving firm.
An appointment will be made soon so please don’t delay your application.