Tunables Integration Engineer
Randstad Engineering are currently searching for an Engineer who has experience working with tunable performance parts for a prestigious manufacture in the midlands. This permanent role is paying a salary in the region of £35,000 - £40,000 based in Gaydon.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Support the generation of Chassis system targets and documentation.
- Support hard point generation, progression and official release.
- Generate nominal bush, spring and ARB stiffness' for builds.
- Develop tuneable part requirements and distribute to Component Engineers.
- Generate and maintain Chassis tuneable part trackers
- Maintain documentation for Chassis System status versus targets
- Support characterisation of tuneable parts and generation of component data for CAE models
- Support tolerance requirements for Chassis hard points and tuneables
- Support investigations within Chassis department into ride, handling and steering problem resolution and continual improvements.
- Analyse vehicle test data such as K&C results and correlate with Simulation data.
- Work with Vehicle Attribute areas to ensure chassis concepts are compatible with vehicle level targets.
- Support problem solving/quality teams as directed by management.
- Keep abreast of technical developments within the industry.
- Liaise with Manufacturing to ensure Chassis and Manufacturing requirements are met.
- Assist with component and system benchmarking.
Qualification & Experience:
- Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline
- Extensive Chassis design and component experience.
- Experience working with tuneable parts in an OEM
- Experience of setting and maintaining Chassis system targets
- Good understanding of Chassis Dynamic properties and tuning.
- Competent with Chassis CAE software (ADAMS/CAR, SHARK, VI-Grade Car Real Time)
- Good working knowledge of Matlab
- Working knowledge of Suspension, Braking, and Steering systems
- Knowledge of Mission Product Development process or equivalent (GPDS, FPDS)
- Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.