Senior Java Engineer
SceneOne has an exciting opportunity to join of a multi-national market leader in Financial Services which has been named as a 'Top Attractor’ of the best talent in the UK market.
This organisation seeks to bridge the gap between finance and technology, realising that all financial organisations will have to embrace technology as it unfolds in order to stay relevant in the modern world, and they seek to deliver solutions to the financial sector which helps them provide cutting edge technology to all of their customers across the globe.
Due to the continued success and growth of the business and a focused investment into technology, they are looking for an experienced Senior Java Engineer to join their team based in Glasgow at Vice President Level.
You will be working within a global team on one of the business’ most high-profile applications built in Java. This product is at the beginning of a large-scale migration to Python using cutting edge technologies such as Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Spark and Cloud technologies, and this project is likely to take between two and five years.
You will begin as a senior member of the local team, taking a lead on some projects and you will have the opportunity to build into a Team Lead role within six months.
You will liaise with clients to understand their needs and communicate these to the technical teams, as well as working closely with other teams inside the business such as Quants.
You will have the opportunity to have vast exposure to the design and architecture of this high-profile product as the migration is in early stages and many of it can be classed as greenfield.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be an experienced Java Application Developer with a background in hands-on software development and architecture. You will have experience in the following areas:
- 8+ years of Core Java development experience
- Commercial experience of using Python
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Spring & Hibernate
- Experience of application design and architecture
- Experience of the full Software Development Lifecycle
- Strong communication skills, with client facing experience and knowledge of requirement gathering
- Team leadership and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of User Experience is beneficial
- Experience in the financial services sector would be advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of the following would also be advantageous: Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Spark, Cloud technologies
A competitive basic salary with extensive learning, development and progression opportunities and a generous benefits package.
For more information please contact Lorna Burrows at SceneOne Ltd.