Financial Modeller - leading FS SME
Working alongside the management team, the role is forward-looking and responsible for the company's business planning, ensuring plans are consistent with the business strategy/targets.
A leading financial services SME with a heavy emphasis on customer service.
- Preparing accurate and credible budget/forecast submissions partnering with the management team in the preparation of these plans
- Maintaining and reviewing the logic and operation of the current model offering up improvements where identified
- Preparing accurate business plans and forecasts with supporting analysis
- Supporting the management team with analysis of departmental cost performance
- Identifying improvements and forward-looking metrics which may help better predict future performance
- Reviewing and evaluating planning assumptions used and challenging assumptions where necessary
- Collaborating within the financial planning and analysis team to ensure that new initiatives and changes are agreed and included in the business plans
- Preparing scenarios and sensitivity analysis based on actual changes to the agreed planning assumptions with explanation to the management team of significant variations and the impact
- Establishing efficient operating standards ensuring all costs are controlled and monitored accordance with approved budgets and in addition promoting a culture of cost consciousness throughout the company
- Holding cost review meetings with departmental managers, presenting performance compared to plan and understanding the root cause of variances and how these may affect the full-year forecast and future planning assumptions
- Ad-hoc analysis and investigation as required
- Participating in business improvement projects and new team initiatives as required
- Qualified accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Several years of experience working in a similar role
- Proven, current technical experience in building financial models
- Experience of building and maintaining whole-business forecasting models, with integrated profit and loss and balance sheets
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced Excel and experience across the MS Office Suite
- Statistical/mathematical/economics background highly regarded
- Up-to-date knowledge of accounting, legal and regulatory requirements including but not exhaustively: IFRS, tax, FCA requirements together with other legislative requirements as appropriate
- Experience working with a consumer credit/lending portfolio or in the non-standard market highly regarded
- Experience/knowledge across the other risk disciplines highly regarded
£60,000-£80,000 basic and a host of other benefits commensurate with a forward-thinking business.
Please get in touch: .