Buyer - Menswear
IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE!!! This market leading retail focused business is looking for an experienced Menswear Buyer. This business is well known within the fashion online, stores & mail order giving a true omni-channel experience. The business has been established for over 30 years and seen YOY growth in all categories. In this role you will be maximising the profitability of the brand, by developing and delivering the product range within the Menswear range to support the brand strategy in order to achieve the targets. Here you will be working with Merchandising and Design to deliver a commercial range that meets the customer's needs & the overall business strategy.
As a Menswear Buyer your area of responsibility will be:
Develop and deliver product ranges tailored to the customer profile
- Achieve or exceed target margin and sales plans
- Looking at new sourcing channels within the Woven ranges
- Provide Designer with clear range structure before design development
- Working alongside the merchandiser to make sure the right product is allocated and forecasted accurately.
- Review and instigate changes to maximise profit and minimise markdown
- Set department critical path to ensure all samples will be available for meetings and shoot.
- competitor analysis & being commercially focused particularly around pricing.
- Identify key suppliers, understanding their strengths, capabilities and weaknesses
- FE sourcing undertake trips for product development and negotiation twice per year
- Manage Critical Path ensuring ranges/product offer is delivered at correct timings
- Be reactive to general trading pattern by continuously reviewing current performance
- Highlighting any risks or opportunities to Head of Buying
Experience needed in this role will include:
- You must be an established Buyer, Buying Managing or Senior Buyer from a Menswear background
- You must have experience in Jersey or Knitwear
- Have experience in Trousers or Tops
- Have dealt with casual ideally but open to formal experience
- Have full accountability of a trading cycle
- Have made reactive buying decision and changes when needed
- Full accountable of your budgets and P&L
- Experience of working closely with a design & merchandising team
This is a great opportunity to work for a market leading international business that is fast-paced and ever changing. You will be driven and proactive and be able to work in a collaborative approach. In return, the company offers generous holiday allowance, pension & flexi benefits and working in a vibrant central London location. This is currently a 12 month contract but is potential of going perm. If you feel this role suits you and your skillset please apply today quoting the reference JO-1802-104278.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.