Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Location: Weybridge, Surrey
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
My client is a housewares/toy business and this role would be working on the kids and licensed side of the business. In this area they develop a wide range of lunch bags, containers, tableware and drinkware products under both their own brand, as well as working with licensors such as Disney and the BBC. This is a role which has come about through progression of other team members and expansion of the business. Several of the senior marketing team have developed through this route, with potential progression into Assistant Product Manager and then Product Manager, under the mentorship of the Marketing Director and their team.
Main Purpose of Job:
- To provide support to the Marketing Department across a wide range of marketing tasks including; New product development, market research, marketing materials, communications and other projects as required.
- To use effective organisational and communication skills in order to assist colleagues within the business and manage key suppliers.
- To develop key marketing skills and product development experience on designated products and ranges.
To assist the Marketing Director and the team in the management of the marketing mix and activity for designated product ranges including products, pricing, packaging and promotions. Support the Marketing Director and the team in ensuring product is brought to market as specified, on time and to target costs by assisting in:
- Drafting comprehensive and accurate NPD briefs.
- Following up on quotations from suppliers.
- Completing cost sheets for evaluation by Managers.
- Creating critical paths and ensuring the development deadlines are maintained.
- Inputting and maintaining product information within company and customer planning systems.
- Managing various supplier relationships including design consultants and manufacturers.
- Offering input to product development ideas.
To support the Marketing Director and the team in the successful communication and launch of new products and ranges by assisting in:
- Providing tools for the sales team such as presentations to include relevant market research, market context, product features and benefits, USPs and relevant samples.
- Creating trade marketing materials such as catalogues and online content.
- Generating and managing any PR or promotional activities
- Assisting in the planning, preparation and execution of key exhibitions and other events.
To support the Marketing Director and team in liaising with other departments within the company in including:
- Quality control - initial assessment and ongoing communication with to ensure that all product development complies with relevant safety and quality standards.
- Supply chain - any reported production issues or delays that will impact on the critical path.
- Merchandising - product performance, customer feedback, rate of sale.
- Sales - two way communication on development projects.
- Attend supplier and customer meetings as necessary, including domestic and overseas travel.
- Maintain the showrooms, ensuring they are presentable and well-stocked at all times.
- Any ad-hoc assistance as required to the product managers on ongoing projects.
- Answer telephones and deal with telephone enquiries or transfer to colleagues as necessary.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.