Working closely with the wider Design and Formats team, the Senior Designer is responsible for developing creative design and merchandising solutions for our Curry’s PCWorld, Carphone Warehouse and Dixons Travel stores.
The jobholder is also responsible to be fully aware of all trends and customer expectations in the electrical retail sector and use this insight to brief project teams as appropriate.
- Create innovative cost-effective store interiors that customer will find enjoyable and easy to shop.
- Create innovative cost-effective product displays which ‘bring life to technology’
- Communicate ideas and concepts through clear effective methods all in-house.
- Maintain visual differentiation between the chains whilst driving commonality of shop-fitting components across all chains UK and International.
- Constantly value engineer design concepts to drive best value for all chains understanding lifecycle costs balancing durability with initial cost.
- Sketch 3D visualisation using CAD (3d Studio MAX/Sketch-up) and freehand to communicate ideas
- Be aware of market trends, customer expectations and competition and therefore accountable for the team applying the insight to specific projects.
- Work across the Group and support European Format teams with regard to one right way of working and delivering Group solutions.
- Maintain a key creative link into Commercial / Marketing and Retail Operation teams through ways of working.
- Manage the CPW relationships with the ability to challenge and influence at senior management level.
- Work closely with supply chain and be able to brief and manage preferred suppliers.
You will have
- Extensive track record of delivering high quality cost effective retail concepts
- Strong background of leading innovation and change including managing potential resistance and conflict
- The ability to influence people across the business who are impacted by the team’s activity
- Wide range of interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt style when communicating and managing stakeholders, project team members and suppliers at all levels is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of the shop-fitting supplier market in the UK&I and globally
- Ability to reduce cost by value engineering existing designs and advising on new design options
- Education to Degree standard in a design or architectural discipline.
- Excellent sketching ability with the skills both electronic and freehand.
- Computer literate with knowledge to use 2D & 3D CAD, MS Windows, Office and Excel, Adobe Suite.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79985263