Product / Account Manager - gift & stationery brand
We are working with a leading, trend driven brand within the gift and stationery industry. They are currently looking for a Product / Account Manager to join their happy team.
This is a relationship and product driven role that requires you working closely with the top Buyers in the industry, producing unique commercial ranges for them. So, to be a success, you must have a passion for product, a head for numbers and be able to rally your internal teams (design, product development etc.) to deliver exactly what your retailers require.
A buying or product management background would be a big tick for this role, and you will have the relationship building skills and approachable personality to match. If you are from an Account Management background, then it is important that you have worked with senior level Buyers and have experience of managing own brand development projects.
Your role at Product / Account Manager involves:
- Maintaining an excellent relationship with your accounts at all times. This is a senior role so you will be looking after some larger retailers.
- Meeting with the Buyers to discuss new trend, product and range ideas. Always identifying new business opportunities and potential.
- Taking briefs on their concepts and new product ideas.
- Briefing internal teams on initial NPD and initial sample requirements ensuring that the product teams know ideal RRPs, target margins etc.
- Once signed off, ensuring that the product team is developing the ranges to timescales.
- Liaising with the Buyers throughout the development stages.
- Making sure that ranges are launched effectively with support of your internal marketing team and the retailer’s marketing and merchandising team.
- Taking ownership of the forecasting and budgeting on the account.
- Cost price and trading term negotiation.
- P&L accountability.
- Making sure that you are aware of all trends within the sector.
- Attending tradeshows, comp shops and regular team meetings
For this Product / Account Manager role, you will have:
- 2+ years of working as a Buyer for a leading retailer would be beneficial
- 2 years National Account Management experience would also be a plus but not essential
- Exposure to the gift, accessories, stationery, greeting cards or beauty industry
- Excellent trend appreciation
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Experience of working with own-brand development, ideally FOB experience
- In depth understanding of margins
- Positive, upbeat approach
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79977097