Junior Credit Risk Analyst
From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the leading business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The key purpose of this role will be to support the operations and development of credit risk management activities at Gazprom Energy, an energy retail business.
The ideal candidate would enjoy and be able to work in an environment which is fluid, fast-paced and dynamic with lots of variety in day to day tasks. The below skills and core competencies would be advantageous:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to be proactive
- Ability to work autonomously and be a team player
- Able to work under pressure and adaptability to a changing environment.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new skills.
- Enjoy being challenged
- Have strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Diligent and reliable
- Demonstrable ability to produce accurate reports to meet tight deadlines
- An understanding of company accounts and experience in financial analysis would be desirable but is not mandatory.
Duties and responsibilities
- The preparation and presentation of credit applications for approval for new business and annual reviews for existing business.
- The above to include a detailed financial analysis and a full appraisal of all credit risk factors.
- To ensure all credit applications processed and the associated reporting is conducted with full compliance to both Gazprom Energy and Gazprom Group credit rules and procedures.
- Constantly review credit process and systems, in particular Credit / Sales interfaces, ensuring optimal processes are in place.
- Participate in meetings with Commercial and the customers directly, in order to resolve issues and identify solutions that enable credit facilities to be approved.
- Support the Credit Risk Management function by ensuring that parent company guarantees and letters of credit in master agreements are monitored, reviewed and updated where necessary.
- Ensure that all administration for credit insurance for the counterparties reviewed by the job holder are properly completed & submitted.
- To participate in departmental projects, in order to develop credit risk management techniques and systems.
- Degree qualification in a numerical or business-related discipline would be preferred.