Finance Assistant - £1262ph plus Hol Pay - Central London
Finance Assistant - £12.62ph plus Hol Pay - Central London
Immediate start for two months initially
We are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join one of London’s leading Universities. This role will commence immediately and run for approximately two months in the first instance. If you have experience within the Higher Education Sector in a financial position, we want to hear from you!
This role sits within the Department’s professional services team and focuses on providing secretarial and administrative support to the Finance Team. The role holder will also sit on the main reception desk to help cover times when the dedicated receptionist is not available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting a range of financial operations within the Department in accordance with the financial regulations and procedures
- Placing orders
- Processing internal transfers
- Assisting with costings/grant applications
- Assisting with induction for department visitors
- Print and photocopy reports, meeting papers etc as required
- Answering phone calls and taking messages as appropriate
- Assist with researching standard information for others as required
- Assist with financial activities such as processing orders and expenses
- To cover reception
- Establish and maintain filing and office systems
- Check and maintain stocks of stationery, common room supplies and equipment (photocopiers, printers etc.)
- Manage room bookings and catering arrangements for meeting, workshops, seminars etc. as required
Meetings and committee servicing
- Assist the professional services team with ad hoc committee servicing (including contacting attendees, minute taking, booking rooms and refreshments etc.)
- Maintain committee documentation, including the regular updating of the committees section of the staff intranet
- Raise costings for research grants
- Set-up new account codes for non-research projects
- Assist with the completion, checking and processing of expense and travel claim forms
- Raise requisition and purchase orders
- Update financial records filling in relevant folders, databases and spreadsheets.
- Assist the Research & Finance team with financial procedures for month and year end.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with the Microsoft suite of software to intermediate level in Word, Excel, Email, Outlook and the internet
- Good knowledge of Excel including the ability to understand and use basic numerical formulas.
- Good oral and written communication skills which enable the post holder to liaise with and interact with a variety of people at all levels in the university.
- Good level of numeracy, with the ability to understand and interpret figures and monitor expenditure, and undertake standard calculations such as VAT.
- Proven consistent ability to meet individual and organisational deadlines and to manage one’s own workload through effective prioritising, time management and organisational skills.
- A methodical and accurate approach to work with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with Databases.
- Proven experience of working in an administrative role providing an effective service in a busy office environment
- Experience of providing effective financial support in a complex environment including the experience of online financial systems.
- Experience of servicing meetings including minute and note taking.
- Experience of working within a Higher Education or research environment.
Characteristics / Abilities
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality when dealing with a variety of staff and student data.
- Ability to work confidently and proactively.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.