Social Media Specialist
Working with a leading global investment firm with offices in London. The company, who are in the process of embarking on a digital transformation, are looking to grow their social media presence and engagement. The Social Media Specialist role is based in central London.
The business are an international financial services business, specialising in investment management. They are rapidly growing their digital presence and are looking to hire a Social Media Specialist who will be responsible for growing the global digital engagement and brand awareness for the business.
The person who is hired into this role will have a significant impact on the business and how they communicate with their clients. This person will be overseeing the operations, localization of content, some paid acitivities, the content calendar and organic posts. This person will also be responsible for thinking about what content topics will be engaging and appropriate for the company's global audience. You will work with 3rd part publishers in order to focus on international content.
This role will have huge potential for growth and development within the company's global digital team.
Responsibilities of the Social Media Specialist:
1. Demonstrates understanding of the social media universe by conducting, gathering, and analysing market research to determine social media opportunities and develop the social media strategy for the worldwide business
2. Works with external Digital agency to identify social media trends and assess emerging channels for company use.
3. Develops, updates and maintains all social channels working with the Channel Managers, Content team and PR. Develops and maintains social style guide and run book.
4. Plans and manages all paid social activity, ensuring alignment with the wider marketing initiatives and monitors cost effectiveness of channel in light of other activity.
5. Achieves targeted results and ensures timely and effective execution of social media tactics and program.
6. Develops benchmark criteria to measure the effectiveness of social media program and implements improvements as required. Responsible for the ongoing monthly social media report and daily social listening activity, ensuring the reporting meets the needs of the business and drives value. Reports results of social activity to senior management.
7. Takes ownership of the social media policy and works with HR to regularly provide training to crew and help ensure the success of the social navigators programme.
8. Creates, maintains and executes a social media editorial calendar and posting schedule.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for:
- Financial services experience is beneficial but not essential. This person will have relevant, recent experience working for a regulated industry
- International social media experience
- Organic social media experience
- Currently working or past experience working in a regulated industry (financial services +, health care, government, legal, insurance, gambling/pawn shops, lenders, vehicle sales, mortgages, debt management, motor vehicle manufacturing, power generation, pharmaceutical, etc.
- They need to be able to write well, outspoken good communication
- Someone who wants to learn (this role is unique, they probably won't have publisher experience or work in the markets we do)
- This person must be metric based (how do we measure engagement levels) and somewhat analytical. This is not the role for someone if they are just wanting to get 'likes' and can't back up how/why/ what to do to get us there.
- Paid Media experience would be beneficial
- Publisher or PR experience (beneficial, not essential)
Competitive salary depending on experience
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79983126