If you are an innovative, creative and self sufficient Brand Manager, ideally with an interest in animals, pets, pet food or animal health, then this is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the industry. This role will focus on managing the marketing strategy and activities for the company's veterinary product base so experience within the FMG or FMCG market would be beneficial. This role is a 'full marketing mix' role: exciting, fun, challenging and interesting within a hugely successful and rapidly expanding Somerset based business.
- Ensuring the visual identity of the company and its products is first class and consistent.
- Devising the marketing plans and strategies within a niche sector (being veterinary products), ensuring they are implemented on budget and on schedule.
- Managing budgets and deciding upon spend according to the yearly strategy.
- Organising and attending events such as exhibitions and seminars. Devising individual specific show strategies when appropriate and researching new shows to attend.
- Plan for product NPD and implementing launch plans.
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders, e.g. customers both in the UK market and export customers, colleagues, and suppliers including designers, printers to name a few.
- Conducting social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter.
- Managing the production of marketing materials (including writing and proof reading copy) such as leaflets, posters, flyers, promotional items, newsletters, e-newsletters, videos and DVDs.
- Sourcing advertising opportunities, sending copy and negotiating added value.
- Website Management including keeping information up to date, updating the news section, approving reviews, adding new content etc.
- Support the Sales Team with adhoc marketing requests, point of sale and literature.
- Marketing degree or equivalent with 3+ years marketing experience in a similar role.
- A high standard of computer literacy especially MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Other software such as Photoshop and Movie Maker also an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Drive, determination and enthusiasm.
- A creative approach to new campaigns.
- Commercial awareness, for pricing and analysing data.
- Good numeracy skills and knowledge of statistics.
- The passion to develop and learn in a busy marketing team.
A range of benefits including contributory pension scheme, healthcare and 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Working Hours: Standard working hours are 8.30am - 5.00pm, however there maybe some weekend or evening work may be required to attend shows and events in this role.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79263883