Our established and high-end client is currently looking for a well organised, meticulous Service Engineer, whose ethos is to get it right first time every time, on time.
- Must be Health, Safety and environmentally conscious.
- Must have full and clean Driving Licence.
- Must be able to do overnight stays which can vary from 2 nights per week to 4 nights per week and very occasional weekend working
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- To provide a professional service by undertaking Inspection of our product (on site or at the Company’s premises), Window Fabricating, Driving (between one and 5 days per week), General Maintenance duties, as required plus some QC Inspections (on a factory day).
- Preparation for visits to the customer’s properties or site, to include ensuring all necessary replacement items and paperwork are ready for visits (along with Overnight hotel bookings and stays throughout the UK)
- Visit the customer’s properties or site, as and when required, to rectify or replace any agreed works, including identified manufacturing faults, or defective materials, or to carry out a full inspection of all products for non-conformities, and identify whether manufacturing and/or installation faults. Ensuring cleanliness and care of customers’ homes during this process
- Quality Control inspection of production output in the factory.
- Window Fabricating duties, in accordance with the competence matrix, as directed by the Technical Director during any non-engineer day.
- Driving duties by provision of holiday cover for the employed Drivers, any additional driving duties normally carried out by agency drivers and any ad hoc driving duties, as directed by the Transport Department during any non-engineer day.
- General day to day maintenance duties for the Company’s premises, for which you have the appropriate skills, as required.
- Be responsible for stocking Company Vehicle, unloading and cleaning vehicle (when back in factory) and maintain a clean and tidy vehicle at all times to impress our Customers, as stated in our Company Vehicle Policy.
- Completion of all relevant paperwork and administration pertinent to the requirements of all duties.
- Any other duties that may be required as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
All employees may on occasions be reasonably requested to undertake assignments that may fall outside of their normal working hours. In this context employees may be reasonably required to undertake work not defined in the Principal accountabilities of this job description.
Hours: 37 per week
Monday to Thursday 7:30 am until 4:00 pm
Friday 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 pm
This role necessitates some early starts and overnight stays, when site visits are carried out throughout the country. This means leaving at 6 am. However, on the days where there are no site visits and this candidate works in the factory / stores / replenishing his service van / looking at customer care returns etc then it may be possible to leave earlier than 4 pm, so flexibility on exact hours is desirable.
20 days on year 1, raising 1 extra day per year to total of 25 days, plus bank holidays, keeping back 3-5 days for Christmas shutdown.
There are additional responsibilities to the role that can be obtained by calling the office to request a full job description. For further information on this or any other role with Elevate Resourcing, please call *************
All applicants to this or any other role with Elevate Resourcing must be eligible to live and work in the UK. We regret we are unable to accept applications from candidates currently living outside the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960138121