Senior Web Developer - PHP
A unique opportunity for an experienced Senior Web Developer PHP with a strong focus towards open-source technologies/ DevOps to join an in-house digital development team who are responsible for the continuous development of the organization's web platforms, supporting scientific microsites and giving technical guidance/support to the rest of the organization. Salary: up to £55k+ pa plus excellent secondary benefits. London.
As the Senior Web Developer PHP, you'll be responsible for taking the technical lead and acting as a mentor to the junior team members with respect to application design, web development best practices. You are a Senior Web Developer - PHP who loves experimenting with new programming languages, frameworks, libraries etc and has the expertise of building flexible web applications.
Your role as the Senior Web Developer PHP include but not limited to:
- Assist in developing the team/department into becoming a Centre of Excellence for Digital Technology.
- Designing and developing high quality, maintainable web applications that scale with the organizations and adapt to changing tech trends as well as leading code reviews and contribute towards technical decision making.
- Setting up and managing Apache web servers, identifying web related security issues and best practices, whilst working effectively unsupervised in a collaborative environment.
You will have:
- Significant expertise in PHP/LAMP and other open source technologies, experience in different MVC frameworks and exposure to MVC concepts along with setting up and maintaining Apache web servers.
- An interest or exposure in DevOps and Jenkins deployment, Docker, SOAP/REST API's, MSSQL, Postgres would be greatly appreciated.
In return, you can expect to receive a competitive salary of up to circa £55k pa plus excellent benefits including:
- 31 days' annual leave (includes 3 annual privilege days) plus 8 days' bank holidays
- Contribution Pension
- Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Eating Out & Technology discount vouchers and much more
- Childcare Vouchers
Does this sound like you? Are you looking for an environment which gives you the opportunity to tinker/experiment with up and coming technologies and at the same time sharing your technical expertise with your colleagues and peers? Contact Kelly Strong at Inspire People today for further information and in complete confidence.
Inspire People is an employment agency providing services to candidates and clients.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960137682