Our employees bring with them a wealth of knowledge and expertise, to utilise these effectively, our overall approach is based on a distinct set of values which we believe stand us apart from many large businesses:
Openness - we are honest and transparent, acting with integrity, embracing diversity and respecting our colleagues and clients.
Ingenuity - we have the courage to do things differently, think smart and look for new and innovative solutions.
Collaborative - we benefit from shared ideas and our clients do too; working in partnership to solve challenges and combining the talents of all our businesses and those of the organisations we support.
Effective - we deliver what we promise and believe that great service can always be better.
What We Look For
As a highly technical, agile-focussed software engineering environment, we develop and assure multiple solution components to interact in a common framework. The developed modules need to be assured both as individual components and as part of an integrated solution, with an appreciation for APIs and upstream/ downstream systems. We are working towards a continuous integration and deployment outcome which drives much of our approach.
The assurance service, which is embedded in the overall software engineering function, provides a highly automated, continuous testing capability. This capability covers key requirements, both business and technical, through various test phases including Unit, System, Integration and Performance.
Due to the nature of our client's work we are only able to consider people who possess DV clearance or are eligible to undergo the DV clearance process.
Skills and Experience
- Define, execute and automate key tests to verify functional and non-functional requirements through various phases of the software development lifecycle
- Develop and help maintain new and existing software automation tools (COTS/ bespoke)
- Identify process improvements and contribute towards improving best practices for continuous integration for both development and assurance
- Work closely with other team members in support of wider test development and automation objectives
- Prioritise own workload when there are a number of simultaneous or conflicting activities
- Minimum of 4 years in a development environment, including 2 years involved with technical testing
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration, source control and software methodologies
- Ability to rapidly understand and become competent with unknown software and technologies
- Strong coding skills including relevant scripting languages:
o OO Technologies (Design, Implement, Test) e.g. C#, Java
o Script languages e.g. Python, Shell Scripts, Perl
- Strong knowledge of software automation especially for assurance activities
- Strong technical understanding of both Windows and Linux OS
- Proven experience of structured and unstructured databases i.e. Oracle, Hadoop, SQL Server, MongoDB
- Experience of successful delivery in complex, high risk testing projects
- Proven experience of a variety of management tools including:
o Test and defect management tools (e.g. HP ALM, JIRA, Bamboo)
o Automated Build Tools (e.g. BAMBOO)
o Automated Deployment Tools (e.g. Puppet)
o Agile Workflow Tools/ Defect Management (e.g. JIRA)
o IDE Frameworks (e.g. Eclipse)
What We Offer
In return Capita offer all our Project Consultants
Performance related bonus scheme
23 day's holiday (increasing with service)
Company Pension Scheme
Tailored Industry recognised training and development
On-going dedicated support and mentoring
Opportunities to work with a wide range of clients on diverse and industry leading projects
Genuine work / Life balance not always found within consultancy
In addition you will have access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifecycle.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960138339