IT Technical Support Consultant (2nd Line), Leeds
IT Technical Support Consultant - Leeds
Harvey Nash is recruiting for a long established International professional services organisation based in Leeds.
The purpose of the role is to provide IT technical support to the UK and Europe region and to assist members of the global IT team in the delivery of IT services across the business.
- Excellent knowledge of networking and PC support Server Administration (Windows 2003/2008/2012 server & Active Directory)
- MS Windows 7/10
- MS Office 2010/2013
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 & Outlook 2010/2013
You will be an all-round IT support specialist with at least three years' experience of hands-on, remote and telephone support. You will have good experience of Server administration to include Windows Server 2008/12, Remote Desktop Services and Active Directory in a corporate environment over several implementations. You will have hands-on experience of LAN, WAN and VPN, troubleshooting and support on several implementations.
The successful candidate will also have experience of supporting core IT applications such as email, anti-virus, systems management, use provision and patch management. Previous experience of working in an IT project environment, with active involvement within a managed project will also be advantageous.
You will have a proven track record of working in a support environment supporting multiple users across multiple locations.
Other experience Required:
- Administering Microsoft Exchange & Outlook 2010/2013
- Supporting and troubleshooting Symantec
- Supporting and troubleshooting Anti-virus, Veritas BackupExec 2014 - 2016
- Awareness of Lotus Notes v. 7/8 and Domino Admin v. 7/8 experience an advantage
- Ability to support a wide range of desktop applications (e.g. MS Office 2016, Project, Visio, Skypefor Business etc.)
- Developing image / software through Altiris
- Basic understanding of managing hardware and software assets and control software register -full training will be given
You will be a confident communicator and have the ability to converse well with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960137297