VBA/.NET Developer - Permanent - Preston - £35,000+ per Annum (DOE)
Would you like to get a sense of satisfaction and reward? We currently have a vacancy for a VBA/.NET Developer in Preston.
As a VBA/.NET Developer, you will be involved in supporting users, defining new features and functionality and implementing change under the guidance and servant leadership of the Product Owner, Product Architect and the Product Delivery Lead. You will work in a highly collaborative, visible and measured environment and will stimulate experimentation, innovation and continuous improvement.
This role will allow the right candidate to gain further responsibilities, within the ever growing HR data warehouse - gaining exposure to the development into databases and Success Factors.
Ideally looking for:
- Experience of VBA and SQL for MS Office
- MS Access/Excel Application Development experience
- Understanding of full software development lifecycle
- Competent user of other MS applications (Word, Visio, MS Project, etc.)
With Experience of:
- Server-Side: C# / .Net / MVC / Entity Framework
- Data Access Layer: SQL / RESTAPI
With Development Tools and additional knowledge of:
- Visual Studio
- Principal, Identity and Role Based Security
Your main responsibilities as a VBA/.NET Developer will involve:
- Supporting and developing in-house MS Office applications (mainly Access and Excel)
- Managing workloads through online Kanban/Scrum (Agile)
- Re-development of current MS Access applications to web-apps
- Looking ahead at further development opportunities (in line with Company strategy/product offerings)
- Being 1st line for MS Office application support and development (including guidance on application design and specifications prior to development)
- Proactively look to improve internal processes within the HR Services teams that use MS Office applications
- Providing user support to help guide, inform and train users when they experience queries and perceived issues
- Taking ownership to analyse and resolve issues and outages of applications in the 1st and 2nd line support role
- Using technical skills and knowledge to make system and configuration changes.
- Working collaboratively on wider change projects to help inform and advise on the running of various applications
- Working collaboratively with suppliers (e.g. Internal IT Departments and external providers) in support of Technology Service Delivery
- Effectively setting and managing client expectations
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960137368