SQL DBA (SQL Server 2008 - 2016, DevOps, Octopus, TFS, Powershell)
A SQL DBA is required to join a rapidly growing and unique Lloyd of London business who are based in The City, on a permanent basis.
As SQL DBA you will have a keen interest in the DevOps space an will have the opportunity to play a key part in helping the business move into DevOps and Continuous Deployment (CD).
Salary - £55,000 - £65,000 + benefits
Your role will be to develop and optimise the current SQL Server estate. Additionally a software deployment strategy is being developed and you will be heavily involved in this development utilising DevOps in a way that makes sense for a company.
As SQL DBA you will have the following roles and responsibilities;
- Installation and configuration of SQL Servers
- Monitoring of SQL Server estate - SQL 2008 - 2016
- Constant improvement of SQL Server estate
- Contacting vendors for technical support
- Development and testing support
- Developing and maintaining DevOps solution
As SQL DBA you will have the following skills and knowledge;
- Experience of maintaining and supporting SQL Server estates
- ITIL aware
- Experience of DevOps - set up of Octopus or similar
- Experience of Source Control - TFS an advantage
- Willingness to automate
- Strong business/client engagement skills
- Solution-focused with good attention to detail
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database operational issues including performance, blocking and deadlocking, connectivity and security
This is an exceptional opportunity to be a part of an organisation who have gone through significant growth in the last 12-18 months and are continuing to grow. If that mirrors your ambition and would like more information including a full job specification and a chat about this SQL DBA position, please apply in the first instance via this advert.
Think IT Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this role under UK Government regulations CEAEBR 2003
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960137534