Join us as a Management Accountant in our Rail Systems division based in Northampton.
Key responsibilities pertain to financial accounting, controlling, reporting & performance, financial processes and systems, compliance, external/internal audit support as follows:
- Co-ordination of and involvement in month-end, quarter-end and year-end processes.
- Preparation & reporting of statutory packs
- Preparation, reporting & controlling of Financial results, Forecast, Budgets and Management reports.
- Spiridon hierarchy maintenance.
- Balance sheet governance, reviews and reconciliations.
- Income Statement analysis.
- Cost centre reviews and analysis.
- Fixed assets/leasing.
- Management of external auditor requests.
- ICFR related activities performed to the required standard.
- Reporting to finance teams based in Headquarters in Germany and UK plc.
- Sales & purchase ledger aspects.
- Ongoing improvement of financial processes and procedures in the context of the job and financial activities.
- Maintain and process entries in accordance with IFRS standards.
- Deputy for Finance Manager and key point of contact for liaison with corporate departments.
- Involvement in special projects and other tasks as required and in line with business requirements.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- CIMA or ACCA part-qualified.
- Demonstrable relevant accounting & financial experience.
- Solid accounting skills with ability to demonstrate an understanding and interpretation of key financial statements.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Highly committed to work with positive outlook.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-disciplined with strong time management ability.
- Diligent with good attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Able to demonstrate support to finance team with collaborative approach.
- Good working knowledge of SAP is desirable.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960137480