Cook Catering - Full-time/Part-time
Start Date: Immediate
Kent Range 4 (£16,968-£17,826) depending on experience, pro rata
- A cook is required to work in a fast paced kitchen, supporting the Chef and Catering Manager wherever necessary whilst contributing to a friendly atmosphere.
- You must have a passion for good food. A hands on approach is critical to the smooth running of the operation and you must be a good team player. The team serves breakfast, break, lunch and dinner to over a thousand pupils and the boarding community.
- This is an active role and the job holder must be prepared to support the in-house Catering Team for eg. food preparation, cooking, serving and cleaning.
- Experience of working in and managing a high volume unit would be beneficial.
- You will be working Monday to Wednesday, 12noon to 7pm, 39 weeks of the year, term time only, paid across 12 months. The ability to cover staff absences when necessary would be an advantage.
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact Julie Archer, Catering Manager - 01304 610248
Please apply via the button below.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a health check, two satisfactory references and a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Sir Roger Manwood’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure DBS.
Closing Date: Friday 16 February 2018
Information about the school
Sir Roger Manwood’s School is a mixed grammar school for students aged 11-18. The school was granted Academy status on 1 March 2011. We have 1007 students in total, 260 in the Sixth Form and 55 boarders. In September 2014, the school began an expansion from being a 4 form entry to a 5 form entry. The school is set in particularly attractive grounds and has excellent facilities. The school was inspected by OfSTED in April 2012. The inspectors judged the school to be outstanding in every respect. In the achievement of the pupils, in the quality of the teaching, in the behaviour and safety of the pupils, in leadership and management and in the overall effectiveness of the school the judgements of the Inspection team were in every case the top grade. Academic results are consistently of a very high standard. As a result we appear prominently in the national league tables. The vast majority of our Sixth Formers go on to the most competitive universities including Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Kings and Warwick. The extra-curricular life of the school is a very striking feature of life at Manwood’s. There is an exceptionally wide range of sporting and cultural activities which all attract high levels of participation. There are also imaginative international ties, including those with schools in Germany, China, the Gambia and India. The school has a warm, friendly atmosphere. The care, guidance and support offered is outstanding and is much appreciated by students and parents alike. The mixed nature of the school and its boarding element help to create a family ethos which helps to make the school as successful as it is.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.