Senior Java or J2EE Developer / Tech Lead
- Full Time
The client is a leading information company, providing market research, insights & data about what people watch, listen to & buy. Their aim is to innovate, market, and increase sales of companies and operate globally.
As the Principal Software Developer, you will ideally have exposure and experience in a wide range of technologies including Java, J2EE, AJAX UI frameworks and Oracle. It would be beneficial to also be familiar with Scaled Agile frameworks and be comfortable working as part of a Scrum team.
- Design and development of Enterprise grade applications.
- Day-to-day work will include liaising directly with a range of different contacts from both the commercial and technology teams to deliver solutions.
- Establish strong relationships with key leaders from other teams and demonstrate credibility, empathy and expertise on business and technical issues.
- Provide technical leadership to project activities to ensure solutions are delivered accurately and on-time.
- Help to translate business goals into appropriate strategies and technical stories.
- Supporting design and development activities within the overall technical environment; assist in the definition and management of standards, guidelines and processes for related data, systems and application development.
- Champion good development methodology.
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
Ideal Qualifications / Skills
- Substantial IT experience including Architecting, Designing and Developing robust Enterprise systems.
- Demonstrable experience leading development of web-based applications using J2EE Technologies.
- Expertise in building Java-based frameworks and solutions.
- Experience in AJAX UI frameworks.
- Experience with XML, Web Services and SOAP.
- Development experience in UNIX or Linux environments.
- Experience with distributed, scalable processing systems.
- Ability to track, recommend, and implement resolutions to issues.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop, inspire, and motivate team to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to build good relationships with peers, business partners, and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong understanding of data warehousing concepts.
- Understanding/Implementation experience of JSON.
- Experience with Hadoop or other Distributed file systems.
- Scripting languages (Perl).
- PostgreSQL DBMS.
- Exposure to cloud-technologies.
- Experience with JBoss application server.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960137971