In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
As a Senior Copywriter, you will play a key role in leading the copy direction of the Creative team which sits within Merkle’s Customer Experience Department, as well as key client work. A Senior Copywriter is someone that is focused on attention to detail whilst having a creative, yet performance focused, approach to copywriting that will enable you to become a trusted advisor on language and copywriting of all levels.
The Senior Copywriter will work with the Creative Director to set the tone, generate creative ideas for the team to create engaging work that has a meaningful, measurable impact on their client's business. This person will be able to create and direct varied tone-of-voice and/or work to pre-existing tone-of-voice guidelines set out by clients. They will assist in growing and nurturing client relationships, developing junior copywriter talent and participating in business development efforts.
Life as a Senior Copywriter at Merkle
- Lead and participate in creative development of data-driven direct response materials from concept to execution
- Ideate, develop and write content to support experiential creative with an underlying link to performance
- Work closely with the Creative Director, team leader and designers to develop and deliver successful and award-winning ideas and work
- Translate client’s marketing objectives into clear, compelling, brand appropriate copy
- Ensure that all work meets or exceeds the quality standards of the agency
- Ensure yourself and team follows established internal processes, including adherence to Merkle Creative Principles
- Pen winning award submissions
- Extensive copywriting experience with advertising, content creation and creative concept development
- Ability to tell a story supported by data to senior clients and stakeholders
- Passion for performance creative and an understanding of the necessity of experience creative
- Attention to detail, results oriented, customer focused, team player, leader
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strong problem solving skills, exercise sound business judgment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to align with current business needs
- Focused; a self-starter with experience working in a very fast paced environment
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Merkle’s central goal in Europe is to continue expanding – we’re attracting fantastic clients and growing our business offering at a tremendous pace. To achieve this, we’re looking to hire top talent to drive this growth and to ensure that we continue to be an industry-leading company. We value the knowledge and expertise that can be added to our workforce at senior levels – there’s also plenty of opportunity to continue developing your skillset.
As well as excellent growth and development opportunities, we have a fantastic work environment. We’re based by London Bridge / Bermondsey where we have a modern, bright, open-planned office which has an approachable atmosphere. There’s a games room downstairs (next to the auditorium which we use as a cinema some evenings!) where you can find a pool table and ping pong - there’s always someone ready to challenge you to a game. We also have perks such as the Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans.
Merkle | Periscopix are proud to have consistently featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For.