Network Support Engineer
CloudScope is working with a leading supplier of satellite communications solutions in to a wide variety of global markets including; oil & gas, media, maritime, adventure travel and mining.
We are seeking a Network Support Engineer to join the team as they continue to grow. The role provides the opportunity to build and expand your hands-on experience and skills within networking, working on critical projects.
- Become the main point of contact for all internal networking infrastructure as well as the externally used network
- Responsible for all 'Business as usual' tasks relating to internal networking services and the 'AST Network.'
- Responsible for supporting customer solutions as part of the Group Technical Team.
- To respond to and manage support tickets from Helpdesk and if required liaise with other AST teams.
- Partake in on-call rota supporting the businesses core network and customer solutions therefore you will need to be based relatively close to the AST office.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP & OSI model
- Network administration supporting core business environments
- Knowledge of LAN switch configuration on Cisco Switches
- Knowledge of configuration on Cisco Routers including routing protocols
- Knowledge of Firewall & VPNs
- Experience of Network Management systems/platforms
- Design, testing & implementation of changes to networks, including software updates, hardware changes and configuration changes
- Good understanding of Network Security
- Administration of VOIP Telephony systems
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- A can-do positive, pro-active attitude
- Excellent listening, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure
- Taking responsibility for business-critical issues
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960138053