ICT - Network-Technician
Carrwood Primary School is a school on a journey to excellence and we require an ICT Network Technician to work with us on our journey, promoting the use and facilities of ICT to enhance pupil learning.
Carrwood is in a partnership with Stocks Lane Primary School and the post holder will be required to work across both schools.
ICT-Network-Technician required for Easter 2018 or as soon as possible.
Band 7 (SCP 21 to 25), 35 hours per week, term time only.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop ICT systems across the two schools.
- To ensure that ICT systems and procedures promote data and information security and business continuity to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Set up equipment such as laptops, interactive whiteboards etc; ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly.
- Have knowledge of the local authorities SIMS data base.
- Maintain an up-to date inventory of ICT hardware, software and licenses across the two schools.
- Have the ability to manage and maintain the network hardware infrastructure (i.e. routers, switches, backups, etc.)
- Be responsible for the procurement of any new ICT provision.
- Manage time effectively across both schools.
We can offer:
- A supportive and dedicated staff team.
- Continuing Professional Development relevant to the role.
To apply please complete the attached application form and submit via the button below.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged please contact Mrs Watson, Office Manager on 01274 664864.
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 28th February 2018
Interviews: week beginning 5th March 2018
In line with the immigration Act 2016; the Government has created a duty to ensure that all Public Authority staff working in customer facing roles can speak fluent English to an appropriate standard – for this role the post holder is required to meet the following
Advanced Threshold Level
The post holder should demonstrate they can:
- Express themselves fluently and spontaneously at length effortlessly.
- Explain difficult concepts simply without hindering the natural smooth flow of language.
- Take responsibility for promoting high standards of literacy, articulacy and the correct use of standard English in School.
Carrwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check, proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.