Generalist Advice Worker
Citizens Advice Southwark
Registered charity no: 1070263
“Providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice”
Citizens Advice Southwark has a track record of delivering high-quality services from its offices in Peckham and Bermondsey and outreach locations across Southwark and South East London. We sort out problems together, for good, by providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice across all areas of social welfare law, and through using the experience of our clients to bring about positive change through research and campaigns.
Post funded by Southwark Council
Generalist Advice Worker/Advice Session Supervisor (or Trainee position)
Salary: Scale SO1 £29,425 to £31,142 per annum
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Term: Permanent Position
The post is suitable for an experienced Advice Session Supervisor (ASS) or as a development opportunity for a Certificated Generalist Advisor to train to become an ASS within six months of starting in post. If applying without existing experience of supervising volunteers and of undertaking the role of Advice Session Supervisor the starting salary will be Scale 6 - £26,872 whilst undertaking training.
The post holder will be required to work between our Peckham and Bermondsey offices according to operational needs and at other locations within the Borough of Southwark.
The role includes:
- Providing advice to the public and undertaking casework on social welfare law issues
- Supervising advice and gateway assessment sessions
- Supporting and supervising volunteers
To be successful you will need:
- Have achieved the Generalist Advisor Certificate and have experience of Generalist Advice Casework
- Either experience of supervising volunteers and undertaking the role of Advice Session Supervisor or be able to demonstrate the ability to undertake this role with training provided within 6 months of starting
- To understand, empathise with and be committed to the Service’s aims, principles and equal opportunities policies
Closing date: 10.00 a.m. Monday 26 February 2018
Interviews will take place on: Friday 2 March 2018
For further information and an application pack please click the visit website button.
We offer a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, an employer matched pension contribution, and training and development opportunities to continue your professional development.
Citizens Advice Southwark is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.