Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Waterloo, London
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website.
About the role
The Systems Associate will work closely with internal clients and within the Systems department, focusing on systems built within or integrated with our Salesforce instance. Systems Associates report to a Systems Manager.
- Support users: understand and resolve issues that are raised by our users
- Perform and manage administrative tasks such as creating new users, transferring records, and performing data uploads
- Update systems: develop an understanding of all of the systems for the clients for which you are responsible and update them as needed under the guidance of a Systems Manager
- Create and update technical documentation
Skills and experience
- 6 Months+ experience administering Salesforce including knowledge of report building, list views, workflows, custom fields and data loader etc
- Strong analytical and logical thinking coupled with superb attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to use own initiative and manage competing priorities
- Able to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic and positive personality
- Strives for continuous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback appropriately and respectfully
- Learns from their mistakes and always commits to performing at their best
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Experience in writing documentation
- Experience in end user support
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
Why Should You Apply?
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, permanent role, starting as soon as possible.
- Salary: £26k per annum
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter (maximum length: one A4 page) via the button below via the button below by 16/02/2017