Be a part of something great! Volunteering is growing in Dimensions UK and the Volunteering Officer role is an amazing opportunity to be a part of helping us to achieve even more.
Based in our offices in Bridgwater, Somerset, you will be a part of the small national volunteering team. This is a creative and flexible role where you will play a part in helping to develop and grow volunteering throughout the Somerset area.
About the role
The Volunteering Officer is a creative role working with locality managers to develop and expand volunteering opportunities by providing advice, guidance and resources to services around recruiting and supporting volunteers.
Your main duties will include:
- Assisting Locality Managers to develop volunteering roles in their services
- Recruiting, training and supporting a team of non-service based volunteers
- Maintaining volunteering records and helping the develop resources
- Delivering information workshops and presentations internally and externally
The successful applicant will:
- Be creative and enthusiastic!
- Have experience of recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
- Have experience of developing and delivering outward facing projects
- Have experience of working to targets/deadlines
- Be flexible and willing to travel
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
The attached job description and person specification will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Kim Corsinie on 07985457672
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.