HR Workday Technical Consultant, Birmingham
In response to market demand and rapid growth in our SaaS business, we are expanding our team and are looking to recruit a number of Workday Technical Lead Consultants to support a range of exciting projects for our UK and global clients, based in our office in Birmingham.
Whilst preference will be given to candidates in possession of current Workday certification (Workday 26 or later), we are also interested in candidates who are keen to join the Workday team as we offer comprehensive Workday training and certification.
We are passionate in our belief that successful HR and Finance Technology implementations provide most value when addressed in conjunction with people, process, and organisation activities. This role sits within our Human Resource Management (HRM) consulting team who advise clients on a range of strategic issues, including technology and SaaS, organisation design, HR and Finance implications of business transformation, HR and Finance function effectiveness, performance management, workforce planning, talent management and employee relations. So as a key member of the team you will be working with colleagues across the full range of PwC services, presenting the opportunity to develop and grow new skills.
Our Workday Consultants help with organising and defining the implementation strategies to improve the effectiveness of technology and you’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of related consulting projects, as well as receiving any required training
This role may include but is not restricted to:
- Partner with HR and Finance Partners and managers to understand business requirements and drivers
- Create detailed system integration specifications, field mapping, and system process designs
- Write technical and functional requirements documents and execute the design, development, testing and deployment of Workday
- Produce technical support documentation including technical diagrams, manuals, procedures, and processes to ensure the accuracy of the information.
- Subject Matter Expert on all data associated with Workday (data architecture, functionality, data, queries/reporting, vendor integrations, etc.)
- Understand security domains and how to maintain security on Business Processes
- Using your business analysis skills to identify and document client requirements, and determine system and data strategies
- Providing project and programme management services to clients
- Using your systems knowledge to identify the key issues for our clients undergoing changes to their technology processes
- Acting as an ambassador for PwC when taking propositions into our clients
- Working at all levels within the client's organisation from CEO and Directors to the HR and Finance teams and be able to gain immediate credibility, adapting your style to suit the audience
- Effective Project Manager
- Hands-on experience with data analysis, data manipulation, and conversions
- Strong understanding of data models
- Creative problem solver who is able to think beyond the status quo and architect technical solutions to business problems in a timely manner
- Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies
- Advanced skills in MSOffice, especially Excel and must have worked on large volumes of data
- Strong communication, presentation and relationship building skills
- A flexible approach, adapting your style to be successful working with both small and large clients
- Must provide excellent customer service to internal as well as external clients
- Willingness to travel from time to time
- Technical proficiency with Workday. Experience with Workday and its tools
- Understanding of Workday studio to integrate Workday data models with 3rd party systems
- Experience with Workday's integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) for building integrations to and from Workday. Knowledge of with data conversion tools/technologies (EDI, Web Services, XML, XSLT, Java, .Net, SOA, or ETL)
- Workday toolset (Studio, Business Intelligent Reporting Tool, etc)
- Workday Integrations Certified is preferred. Should have very good experience with Cloud Connectors, EIB, DT's, XML/ XSLT and Workday STUDIO custom integrations
- Experience on Middleware integrations with Workday configuration will be preferred
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.