Welfare Assistant Teaching/Child Support - Full-time
CiC Support and Safeguarding Officer
To start as soon as possible
Academy Range 8 (£24,109 pro rata) which equates to £20,396.21 per annum
Fixed Term until 31st August 2018 - 37 hours per week, term time only plus 5 INSET days
You will have experience of working with children in care and understanding of the education system. You will be capable of working under pressure in a professional and confidential manner. You will have extremely good communication skills and be confident and comfortable working with vulnerable young people and their carers as well as multi agency professionals. You will have good IT skills and will need to have use of a car.
You will have patience, emotional resilience and a consistent and calm approach to managing challenging behaviours. You will have an understanding of issues around attachment as well as energy and a sense of humour. You need to be able to work as part of a team and be organised and efficient in your approach to managing your time and workload to meet deadlines.
- Advocating for the needs of all Children in Care attending the Academy.
- Using the KCC e-PEP system
- Managing PEP meetings at school
- Attending CiC Reviews
- Liaising closely with Carers and Social Workers
- Monitoring of CiC students’ academic progress and Liaison with teachers and House staff
- Monitoring of behaviour and attendance of CiC students
- Attendance at school meetings for CiC students
- Delivering individual support and mentoring to all CiC students as planned
- Organising additional interventions including costing and evaluation of impact
- Using provision map writer system to record all interventions
- Carrying out related actions as part of the Academy’s Safeguarding team
- Attending Social Services meetings as required
- Meeting regularly with the SENCO to provide timely updates of any information relating to CiC students
Please apply via the button below.
Please note that we will only receive applications made on Academy Applications Forms and will not accept CV’s in isolation.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. References will be taken up prior to interview. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at website.
The closing date for this position is 12 noon on Friday 23rd February 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed
Information about the school
Folkestone Academy offers a state of the art learning environment for over 1800, 11-18 year olds. We believe that all our young people are entitled to an academically rigorous curriculum, supported by a unique form of pastoral care and guidance. We offer an innovative, inspiring place to work with a commitment to personal career development and training.
Our aim is to inspire pupils through the delivery of motivational lessons. The academy has superb teaching talent at all levels, complimented by an energetic and dynamic leadership team. Awarded a Good grading by Ofsted in November 2015, the vision for the Academy is to become an outstanding school within the next five years – a vision that you will play a vital part in.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.