Marketing Executive (Membership Recruitment)
Every day, everything that you do will be about creating and supporting compelling membership offers and delivering a smooth joining process for new National Trust members. You’ll be helping us meet our membership growth ambitions as a member of our Membership Recruitment Team.
This is a really exciting time to get stuck in; last year we celebrated reaching 5 million members - making us Europe’s largest conservation charity. And in December, we won the prestigious gold award for Best Customer Acquisition Campaign at the Direct Marketing Awards!
What it's like to work here
The National Trust's award-winning central office is a remarkable example of innovative and sustainable building construction. Designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects in 2005, this architectural gem uses timber from our woodlands and wool from Herdwick sheep grazed on Trust farmlands, to help make Heelis a unique working environment.
What you'll be doing
You’ll work on recruiting members through direct marketing, using both online and offline media. You’ll be working very closely with colleagues working on face to face recruitment at our properties and within the Brand and Marketing team to ensure we deliver high quality and effective communications and to maximise our opportunities to recruit members to the Trust.
It’s about relationship management; developing, managing and maintaining relationships with teams across the Trust to identify potential opportunities, challenges and solutions related to supporter-centric direct membership recruitment. You’ll be managing incentives and working with our membership fulfilment supplier and our online shop provider to ensure stocks are available to allow the efficient delivery of the fulfilments ordered.
You’ll communicate membership recruitment performance to internal stakeholders and represent the Membership Team at cross-functional meetings and at working groups. There will also be opportunities to work on digital projects and you’ll be involved in signing off our recruitment marketing materials.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you should;
- Have proven experience in digital and direct marketing
- Have a strong focus on customer delivery
- Be confident in organising and running several tasks at once across a range of disciplines and with people in multiple locations
- Be a great influencer who uses your excellent written and verbal communication skills with people at all levels
- Be comfortable responding to tight deadlines
- Have an excellent command of English and a very high attention to detail
- Have good PC skills, especially Excel
- Pride yourself on delivering work on time, on budget and to the highest standards
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking