Quality & Compliance Officer
QUALITY & COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Based at: YMCA Romford (and travel across all sites including Dartford)
Hours of work: Monday - Friday (Full time, 37.5 Hours per week)
Salary: £23,536 per annum & competitive benefits
Closing Date: 2nd March at 12noon
Interview date: Week commencing 12th March 2018
Why work for us?
We are a charity and have been serving the local community for over 130 years. Whilst our focus is on young people, we work with all members of the community, in the belief that everyone should be able to reach their full potential, regardless of their background. We call this a youth minded community approach. We work across a number of boroughs including Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Dartford, Greenwich and Ashford. We work from the following locations; Romford, Dartford, Greenwich and Ashford.
We provide a wide range of services in the local community; these include supported accommodation, children’s, youth and family work and health & wellbeing facilities.
We want all of our staff to thrive. We are committed to work life balance, having fun, and inspiring each other to great things. We believe our leaders should make as real and significant difference to our organisation. We focus on people strengths as a basis for leadership development.
We are currently recruiting a Quality & Compliance Officer to work as part of a small, friendly and dedicated team, providing high quality support to contribute to our drive for excellence and the effective delivery of Internal Scrutiny, Compliance, Quality Assurance, Governance, Risk Management and Impact Measurement across the organisation.
Help us realise our potential for excellence and…
- Undertake audits and contribute to the development of quality improvement plans
- Keep up to date with good practice guidance and regulatory requirements
- Develop and review policies and procedures
- Collate information, undertake reporting and analysis of quantitative and qualitative performance information
- Support the embedding of organisational processes, including business planning, risk management, health & safety, data protection and safeguarding to name a few
- Act as administrator to the Board and its sub-committees, co-ordinating papers for meetings and taking minutes
Our Benefits Package
For those who want to be part of what we do, we offer a comprehensive employee benefit package. Working with us you will get;
- The satisfaction of working for a charity that improves people’s lives on a daily basis
- Great colleagues and an exciting working environment where no two days are the same
- Contributory Pension Scheme (with up to 6.5% of salary employer contribution)
- Life Assurance Scheme (which pays out 4 x salary)
- Free Gym Membership and discounted family memberships (Romford site)
- 50% discount on YMCA provided childcare
- Interest free season ticket loan for travel
- Training and leadership development opportunities
- Great opportunities to engage with the national and international YMCA movement, including international travel opportunities
To apply please contact the HR Department for an application form via email or 01708 770 407. Alternatively you can also download an application form via our website.
Application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Department via email or post: 29 Rush Green Road, Romford, Essex, RM7 0PH.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
YMCA Thames Gateway is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community. The Association is committed to ensuring that all current and potential staff, members, users and visitors are treated with dignity, fairness and respect regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, marital or civil partnership status, religion or belief or employment status.
YMCA Thames Gateway is serious about safeguarding; this role will be subject to a standard DBS Check.