Job/Role Title: MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Reporting to: BRAND & MARKETING MANAGER/HEAD OF CONFERENCE & HOSPITALITY
Location: World Sailing, 20 Eastbourne Terrace, London
World Sailing is the world governing body for the sport of sailing, officially recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
World Sailing is responsible for:
- the promotion of the sport internationally;
- managing sailing at the Olympic and Paralympic Games;
- developing the Racing Rules of Sailing and regulations for all sailing competitions;
- the training of judges, umpires and other administrators;
- the development of the sport around the world; and
- representing the sailors in all matters concerning the sport.
The principle members of World Sailing are the 145 'Member National Authorities' (MNAs) and the 100+ 'Class Associations'.
We have a clear and ambitious vision:
A world in which millions more people fall in love with sailing; inspired by the unique relationship between sport, technology and the forces of nature, we all work to protect the waters of the world.
To make sailing more exciting and accessible for everyone to participate or watch, and use our reach and influence to create a sustainable future for our sport and the waters of the world.
The Commercial, Marketing and Communications team has a broad set of responsibilities, delivering crucial support to the key activities of the wider organisation and managing the promotion of the sport of sailing, including:
- Sponsorship: bringing on board commercial partners and servicing these partners, ensuring their rights are delivered across World Sailing’s activities and events, and working with them to grow and develop the sport.
- Brand and Marketing: ensuring the effective presentation of the brand across World Sailing owned and wider stakeholder touchpoints, working to make sailing more visible, easier to understand, more relevant to more people, more accessible and more sustainable.
- Conferences and Hospitality: delivering experiential hospitality packages for key partners at World Sailing’s elite sailing events and delivering World Sailing’s Mid-year and Annual Conferences – large-scale, intensive events where the global decision-makers of the sport come together to debate and define the future of sailing over 5 and 9 days respectively.
- Communications and Digital: developing and implementing World Sailing’s communications strategy across all media, including press, broadcast, digital, social and publications to raise World Sailing’s profile globally and promote World Sailing’s activities.
The Commercial, Marketing and Communications team work hand in hand to deliver against World Sailing’s Vision and Mission.
To support the Brand and Marketing Manager:
- To deliver a wide range of marketing and branding requirements and projects, including consumer and event impact research studies, merchandise creation and the rebuild of the World Sailing’s digital platform.
- To deliver commercial, marketing and branding requirements at events (ceremonies, branding, partner activation, engagement activities etc.), ensuring the WS brand assets are used effectively and ensuring partner rights are delivered and protected across World Sailing owned events and conferences.
- To coordinate the effective implementation of World Sailing’s brand across multiple platforms, touchpoints and requirements, ensuring assets are used in the right way internally and externally, and supporting the creation of internal and external marketing collateral (bid documents, manuals, templates, presentations etc.).
To support the Head of Conferences and Hospitality:
- To plan and deliver large programmes of activity at World Sailing Conferences, supporting on the delivery of staff planning, delegate registration and database management, AV support, content management, logistics and partner activation.
- To deliver corporate hospitality programmes and guest management fulfilment for partners at World Sailing owned events, including planning and setup of hospitality lounge.
- To provide project management and administrative support, managing task lists, work-in-progress reporting, scheduling, organising facilities and evaluation etc.
- To provide on-event support where necessary, requiring regular international travel.
- To support effective internal and external stakeholder engagement associated with delivery of all above, including liaising with external partners to deliver key projects. Relationships & InterfaceS
This is a role that will require a broad skill set in all aspects of marketing and event delivery. The Brand and Marketing Manager and Head of Conferences and Hospitality require support in delivering an extensive annual programme of activity. This role will therefore require a can-do attitude to getting work done, the ability to multi-task, prioritise and time plan effectively, and the intuitive understanding of what it takes to deliver a broad list of requirements under pressure.
This individual will work closely with the Brand and Marketing Manager and the Head of Conferences and Hospitality, and will also need to build effective relationships internally and externally with a broad stakeholder family.
Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and a focus on high standards of delivery are all essential. Alongside proactively planning, you must be able to react swiftly to changing circumstances, both using your initiative and taking direction as required.
Relationships & Interfaces
Strategic reporting to:
- Line Manager – Brand and Marketing Manager, Head of Conferences and Hospitality
- Project by project – Chief Commercial Officer
Support & Guidance to:
- Wider Commercial and Marketing team
- Key Partners
- Event hosts
- World Sailing staff
Personal Attributes & Experience
- 3-5 years previous experience working in Marketing and Events
- Experience delivering large, broad programmes of activity, with multiple stakeholders
- A track record for meeting and exceeding goals within strict timeframes
- Excellent command of written English (official language of World Sailing)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication ability, both verbal/presentation and in writing
- Attention to detail, e.g. grammatical, ensuring publication of correct information
- Ability to prioritise effectively and multi-task across a number of work streams
- Ability to work within digital platforms such as guest management systems, event app or rights management toolkits
- Event production and AV knowledge helpful, however, not essential
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships at all levels
- Strong project management, budgeting and planning skills
- Completely comfortable working irregular hours and extensive international travel
- Languages: excellent written and verbal English (a second European language is helpful)
- Full driving license
- Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign) would be an advantage