Business Collections Coordinator
PwC Collections are a 24-strong team of collections professionals based in the regional Southampton office. We provide essential support to client engagement teams across the firm, in the collection and recovery of outstanding client fees. Additionally, we provide expertise in query management, best practice guidance, legal action and insolvencies, advocating a cash focused culture and helping to drive sustainable working capital improvements for the firm.
We work closely with other teams in the Contact to Cash (“C2C”) value chain, such as Cash Management and Client Ledger (cash allocation), to deliver service excellence and value added support to our internal stakeholders.
Who we’re looking for:
An enthusiastic and aspiring individual, you’ll have experience within a credit control or collections environment and you’ll enjoy working as part of a team whilst building relationships with clients and internal stakeholders. A confident communicator, you’ll know how to actively listen, interpret situations and use your problem solving skills to help you achieve optimal results.
Practical experience or awareness of other key finance functions such as cash management, inter-territory receivables and accounts payable (“purchase to pay”) would be an advantage.
CICM is the recognised standard in credit management and attainment of any qualifications through the CICM, or other finance qualification, would be an advantage
About the role:
You’ll be part of a dynamic and diverse team within a global market leading firm, with core values centred around shared aspirations. You’ll be encouraged to nurture your talent and ideas to fruition with varied opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
Relationships and networks play an important role in your day to day work and you’ll have access to a local, national and global network of PwC professionals which you’re empowered to draw upon.
The imminent departure of a team member has created an exciting opportunity for a Business Collections Coordinator (“BCC”) to join our team.
Reporting to a Team Leader within the Collections management structure, you’ll be one of three BCCs working closely with your fellow team members playing an important role in maximising cash collection and minimising aged debt for the firm.
You’ll be expected to establish and employ the most efficient and effective methods of communication with internal and external clients, embracing new technology and smarter ways of working, and demonstrating the PwC Professional attributes to deliver optimal results.
In your role of BCC, you will specifically:
- Work collaboratively with your team to achieve set targets and KPI’s
- Act as an internal escalation point for unresolved queries and payment blockages
- Support client engagement teams to expedite resolution of complex queries and disputes
- Respond to inbound enquiries from client engagement teams, investigating and making sound recommendations based on best practice collections principles
- Accurately record all activity on the collections system, in a clear and informative manner to assist with business updates and reporting
- Champion best practice approach to receivables management
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (“SME”s) across functions to maximise efficiency and develop preventative strategies to help remove payment obstacles
- Contribute to project work streams and ongoing improvement initiatives within the Collections team and wider C2C value chain
- Complete all relevant risk and compliance training and ensure strict adherence to the firm’s risk and quality standards
Essential skills & experience:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written - attention to detail is a must
- Proficient in running reports and manipulating / analysing data
- Positive and professional “can do” attitude
- Able to work collaboratively within a large team environment
- Tenacious - will persevere to achieve results for self and team
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships
- Able to challenge and influence at all levels
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritise multiple commitments
- Innovative mindset, strives for continuous improvement
- Agile with change, demonstrating flexible approach and resilience
- Experience of handling customer queries and disputes through to resolution
- Experience within a collections or credit control environment, or similar finance based role
Desirable skills & experience:
- Knowledge of other key finance functions within the C2C value chain (such as cash allocation, invoicing)
- Experience working within the professional services industry
- Knowledge of Data Protection (GDPR) & Anti Money Laundering regulations
- Knowledge of UK or foreign legal systems and litigation processes
- CICM or other finance qualification would be an advantage
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.