Nursery Nurses, Level 2 & Level 3
Nursery Nurse - Level 2 or 3
Our client is hiring Nursery Nurses for their beautiful Forest School Nursery located in a lovely village in near Guildford, Surrey.
As a nursery nurse you are responsible for working effectively with base room colleagues to ensure that the learning environment is appropriate to meeting all children’s individual needs.
Responsible for key children.
Responsible for cohort tracking of key children group.
- To contribute to the room planning.
- To understand the requirements of the EYFS, health and safety and Ofsted.
- To fulfil the role of a Key Person and work in partnership with parents/carers, ensuring all children’s individual needs are met, including observing, planning and evaluating development activities.
- Ensuring key children’s learning journeys, next steps and cohort tracking is up to date.
- To liaise professionally and courteously with parents, children, colleagues and visitors in a polite and professional manner, seeking help or signposting to the correct person with the Nursery.
- To prepare daily activities for all children whilst adhering to the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To interact effectively with all children.
- To ensure the process for new children and children who are transitioning is followed appropriately.
- To ensure the procedures for own key children transitioning are followed and all paperwork is up to date before the transfer takes place.
- To carry out peer-to-peer observations termly.
- To assist in the setting up of the room in the morning, throughout the day and closing down the room in the evening.
- To support the team with hygiene for children including nappies, toileting, face and hands wiping and changing a child’s clothes.
- To maintain records and reports, keeping daily diaries of the children’s progress and activities.
- To assist with general cleaning, tidying and sterilising.
- To contribute to the board displays.
- To adhere to and implement all Nursery policies and procedures.
- Attends training courses to further personal development.
- Performs any ad-hoc duties as required.
- Actively contributes and participates as part of the team, attending team meetings and other events.
- Is mindful of personal safety and safety of colleagues.
- Assists the Nursery Manager with initiatives that directly benefit the Nursery.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
Essential to role
- Full and relevant Early Years qualification
- Full understanding and working knowledge of the EYFS
- Awareness of the Ofsted inspection framework
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of providing customer service
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements
- Experience of managing a cohort of key children