Nursery Manager (Reports to: Operations Manager)
- A minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience in a full day care setting
- 1 years’ experience of working as a Deputy Manager within a similar setting.
- A Childcare and Education Qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3.
- A sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and The Early Years Foundation Stage
- A sound knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of Equality and Inclusion
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to develop effective relationships with colleagues, parents and outside agencies
- The ability to use computers and software packages
- Ability to work as a reliable member of the team
- The ability to prioritise, plan and organise workload accordingly.
- First Aid at Work Qualification
- Paediatric First Aid Qualification
- Food Handling and Hygiene Certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of SENCO
- To effectively manage the day-to-day running
- To support the Managers at each Nursery on
- To ensure that all legislation in relation to regulatory bodies, inclusion, safeguarding and health and safety is complied with and that the Groups policies and procedures are adhered to and implemented.
- To recruit, support, train and appraise all team members to ensure high quality childcare practice and to develop teams and individual practitioners.
- To ensure consistent high levels of Care and Education in nursery achieving a minimum standard of Good in nursery inspections
- To ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all children, staff and other visitors of the nursery and to ensure that all the policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
Childcare and Education
- Promote high standards of quality within the nursery regarding the environment and resources for children.
- Lead in the implementation of the EYFS curriculum.
- Promote and facilitate partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Support the development of good practice with regard to Children with Additional and/or Special Educational needs.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that the team understand, and when necessary, follow Safeguarding Procedures (child protection)
- Meet and oversee the nutritional needs of the children and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Promote and facilitate multi-agency working with area SENCOs, advisory teachers, health professionals and Local Authority programmes. Comply with the statutory framework set out by the relevant Regulatory Body (OFSTED) and relevant legislation including the Childcare Act 2006, Health and Safety Legislation, Employment Legislation and the Stars Childcare Group Limited policies and procedures at all times.
- Remain abreast of current developments in childcare and education policy and practice.
- Ensure that team members are following the key person procedures in line with company policy and the curriculum.
- Ensuring that confidentiality is maintained within the nursery at all times.
- Be responsible for supporting team members to create a stimulating environment throughout the nursery.
- Provide feedback to the Deputy Manager and Room Leaders on issues relating to the nursery day.
- Ensure that each child’s progress is monitored and that progression and continuity is maintained and the individual child’s development records are kept up to date
- Implement and maintain effective planning that enables children to achieve to their full potential.
Health and Safety
- Adhere to and implement all the Groups Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures, for example, emergency evacuations, security, dropping off and collection of children.
- Ensure the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the nursery, including sleep, nappy changing and kitchen areas.
- Ensure that a qualified First Aider is on duty at all times.
- Audit, evaluate and manage risk. Undertake risk assessments and ensure that any actions resulting from risk assessments are passed to team members and implemented immediately.
- Be responsible for ensuring the nursery remains compliant with regard to suitably trained team members with relevant first aid and food hygiene qualifications.
- Ensure that all staff members training is up to date with regards to First Aid and Food Hygiene, together with their ongoing personal development/training
- To promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers. To work in partnership with existing parents and support from Support Office with reference to Branding Document.
- To market the nursery to prospective parents, through open days, show-rounds and any other media as directed by Support Office. In addition to carry out show-rounds to prospective parents, with follow up correspondence and meetings to ensure show-round conversions within timescales as per company requirements.
- To report weekly to the CEO with regards to marketing, occupancy and quality and standards,
- Facilitate inspections by regulatory bodies and implement any recommendations.
- To continuously be a good role model to all staff together with support and mentoring where necessary
- Carry out management and team meetings on a monthly basis, taking minutes and cascading any actions to Deputy Manager and Room Leaders.
- To attend monthly meetings with the CEO at Support Office
- Carry out weekly checks on all nursery supplies and ensure that all orders are requested in the weekly report and carried out with the appropriate authorisation from the CEO
- Continually work to ensure the Nurseries are at an outstanding level at all times and all team training needs are met.
- To achieve targets as laid out in the annual budget for Occupancy, Nursery Profit, Wages and all other Expenditure
- To manage, meet and achieve targets in relation to nursery revenue agreed between Nursery Manager and CEO
- To recruit, manage and develop a competent and effective staff team thereby ensuring team turnover is below 20% per annum
- Ensure the accuracy of the Team Rota and payroll administration.
- To ensure that all receipts for expenditure, including petty cash are sent to Support Office in accordance with the Petty Cash Policy.
- To ensure that all new team are fully inducted in accordance with Stars Childcare Group Limited Induction Procedures, working in conjunction with the Support Office.
- Ensuring that the CEO is informed immediately of any changes to the team
- Ensure that all team records are kept in a locked cabinet on site and are kept up to date including training records
- Support and supervise all team members with their day to day duties.
- Carry out annual Performance, Development Reviews (PDR’s) and quarterly supervision meetings for all staff recording any performance management plans / training needs
- Ensure that any Disciplinary or Grievance issues are reported to the CEO immediately and that the appropriate actions are taken in accordance with the Groups Disciplinary and Grievance Policies
- Ensure that all children’s records and staff records are kept fully up to date in the company’s database (First Steps)
- Attend all Management Meetings as required by the company including those out of hours.
- To ensure that the ‘open door’ policy is maintained at all times with parents/carers and potential parents/carers to maintain and build on our parents in partnership in accordance with the Groups Parents in Partnership policy
- To build positive relationships with parents ensuring regular meetings & communications.
- Manage any complaints/concerns effectively taking all complaints seriously and recording in accordance with the Groups procedures.
- Establish and maintain communication and working relationships with outside agencies.
- Build and develop partnerships with other settings and schools that children attend to ease transition for all children.
- Co-ordinate/lead regular team and parent meetings and other events including organising agendas and minutes
- Ensure that all parents complete the annual parent questionnaire, any suggestions and feedback is fully discussed with the CEO and the childcare team
- Be responsible for all administrative duties associated with the management of the facility, such as, maintaining records on children and families, ordering equipment, maintaining inventories and keeping personnel records.
- Ensure all computer systems are up to date in line with the Groups policies and procedures including team rotas and First Steps.
- Adhere to all the Groups Limited policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line management.
About the nursery:
Our clients setting is in a detached house, in a popular but quiet area of Worcester Park in Surrey. The nursery is on a quiet road, off the main high street, just a 5-minute walk from the station. Inside the nursery, there is a room for babies and a room for toddlers on the ground floor. The Pre-School Academy for pre-school children is based on the top floor of the building. All of the rooms are decorated in neutral colour with bright and colourful displays for the children’s crafts. Outside they have a large garden with safety AstroTurf so the children can play safely in the garden during all weather. They also have a ‘snack shack’, a separate area for the children to ride their bikes, a climbing frame and a mud kitchen. The children get to play out in the garden twice a day – weather permitting!
Open from 7:30am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday