IT Technical Support Analyst - Liverpool - £25k (12 Month FTC)
IT Technical Support Analyst - Liverpool - £24.5k (12 Month FTC)
** 12 month Fixed Term Contract **
My client are looking to recruit a are looking to recruit an IT Support Engineer work on their busy helpdesk to support their internal users where you will be responsible for supporting a diverse range of technology covering Windows XP, Vista, 7, Windows Server 2008 / 2012, Active Directory, VMware, Desktop & Helpdesk Support, VNC etc.
Duties will include,
- Logging calls (around 150 per day on the Helpdesk) on the IT Service Desk and maintaining details of software / hardware problems detected.
- Providing 1st / 2nd line technical support; answering support queries either directly or via phone or e-mail.
- Escalating with external support when necessary.
- Supporting users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary advice and/or training.
- Maintain & update internal documentation and database systems in a timely manner.
Suitable candidates should have/be: -
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- The ability to ask clear and precise questions of the customer to ascertain the exact details of the problem.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative.
- Positive & Flexible attitude.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Cisco, Microsoft Exchange and VMware will be considered an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity, offering any candidate the opportunity to work in a highly technical environment, using the latest technologies where you can bounce ideas off the other technicians in the team. The salary can be anything up to £24.5k depending on experience, but this is definitely an opportunity not to be missed, so please send me your CV now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79945936