Newcross are recruiting for dedicated Support Workers to provide essential care and assistance to learning disability service users in Yeovil, Sherborne, Castle Cary and the local surrounding areas, through our friendly Yeovil branch.
Take advantage of a free DBS check and free uniform for a limited time.The Position
You will need to be dedicated to empowering each individual in your care, and a naturally compassionate person with a strong desire to achieve the best possible outcomes on every shift. You'll be a natural leader, equally comfortable with delegating tasks to colleagues as you are completing a medication round accurately.
This is a full or part time vacancy, with the flexibility to work in a shift pattern that suits you and in an environment in which you are familiar. You will need to share our values of protecting dignity, promoting wellbeing and working in a person-centred manner at all times. You will be working with a wide team of healthcare professionals on a regular basis where MDT contact is required.
You will need to be based locally or have access to public transport or your own vehicle for this role.
- Pay rate of up to £14.86/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free training through credits earned as you work
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch team support
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
Newcross Healthcare began with a vision that 'there must be a better way'. There must be a better way for establishments to find temporary staff who are reliable, smart and suitably trained for the job, and for people to receive care in their own homes from compassionate, supportive staff.Person Specification
You will need to have previous UK care experience to apply for this vacancy, with suitable referees that can comment on your clinical ability. Drivers are preferred, but not essential, and a NVQ2 or equivalent is also desirable.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against.