Weekend Care Assistant
Newcross is looking for experienced and compassionate Care Assistants to work in Stockport, Macclesfield, Denton, Marple, Offerton, Greatmoor, Torkington and the surrouding local towns of Greater Manchester, supporting clients over the weekends in their day-to-day lives.
It is important for this role that you have a valid drivers licence and access to your own vehicle due to the location of some clients.
We have both day and night shifts available - allowing you the flexibility to work around your home life.The Weekend Care Assistant Role
You will play an essential part in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling clients to participate in their favourite activities.
Through your promotion of independence, you will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, enabling them to live more fulfilling lives, allowing that individual to live their life in the way they choose. It is essential that you are able to work in a kind, compassionate and professional manner, putting the service user at the centre of all you do, and viewing them as more than a care plan.Benefits
- Salary of up to £11.53/hr including holiday pay
- Weekly pay, delivered accurately and on time
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial joining period
- Uniform and training available free through credits earned as you work
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Local line manager and branch support
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.