Chief Digital Officer
Top Job Alert! We have a brand new opportunity for a Chief Digital Officer to join a high-flying B2B retail empire with offices now based in the heart of Manchester City Centre! Take charge of their overall digital strategy and help grow the brand whilst receiving excellent benefits including bonuses and equity!
Over the years, our client has accumulated a huge amount of success and an army of loyal customers across the UK and Europe. Due to a significant investment, they are now at a pinnacle point in their growth as they are looking to branch into new markets and in order to do this successfully, the company is now on the hunt for a hard-working, highly skilled Chief Digital Officer to help them drive the company forward and have huge impact on their future progression!
The Chief Digital Officer will be accountable for leading and building a large team of digital experts based not only in the UK but also in Europe. Another key element of the role will be to develop cutting-edge, innovative digital strategies which will differentiate the company from its competitors in order to grow their market share. The triumphant candidate will be able to demonstrate an expert knowledge of the full marketing mix, have a proven track-record for leading and developing a large team and be capable of managing brand led strategies! As the successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, it’s essential that they have hands-on digital experience and proven knowledge of managing multi-million budgets which will increase reach and ROI.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a key figure within a highly successful retailer!
The Key Responsibilities of the Chief Digital Officer:
- Set the digital agenda through constructive market-level analysis
- Maintain a digital-focussed mindset whilst also utilising the full marketing mix
- Drive various digital channels including SEO, PPC and Social Media platforms
- Identify and plan new digital marketing strategies whilst allocating the marketing budget accordingly to make it sustainable and adaptable to business change
- Build and develop the digital teams, equipping and energising them at the prospect of delivering business goals
- Optimisation of the key processes and systems needed in order to deliver market-leading CRM and email platforms
- Develop strong relationships and identify new business opportunities to create exceptional digital solutions
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the latest digital trends and developments
- Act as the face of the company in order to promote the services and values which will drive brand awareness whilst establishing strong relationships within the retail industry
- Always have a full overview of the company’s commercial and strategic marketing activities
- Generate detailed reports which align the results against the business’ goals
- Position the company as the market leader in trialling and testing new digital methods and strategies
Required experience of the Chief Digital Officer
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working within a digital environment
- Educated to a degree level
- Proven track record of delivering successful strategies within an eCommerce environment is essential
- Proven experience in building sector and competitor intelligence and to refine sales proposition
- Experience working with SEO, PPC, CRO, Web Development and Affiliate marketing are key for this role to tailor digital solutions
- Previous experience in senior strategic marketing and commercial disciplines roles
- Be a strategic thinker, confident when analysing, interpreting and manipulating key data and trends
- The candidate must have a genuine entrepreneurial flair
- The Chief Digital Officer should be a strong communicator, both written and verbally, with powerful presenting skills
This is a great opportunity to have a strong influence on a successful and established business! If you want to learn more about this role, then get in touch with our Recruitment Team or apply online!