Head of Social Sciences
‘Join us on our exciting journey to become outstanding’
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and enthusiastic
Head of Social Sciences:
Psychology, Sociology, Health and Social Care & Philosophy and Ethics
Start: September 2018
Salary: Main-scale/UPS - with a management allowance of TLR2b (£4,442 per annum)- negotiable for exceptional candidate
The successful candidates will:
- be an outstanding teacher of one or more of the social sciences with demonstrable evidence of high outcomes
- be an experienced teacher with the ability to lead others
- know the curriculum inside out for one or more subjects
- ability to research best practice and take a lead on the other subject areas
- understand best practice for assessments, tracking and monitoring
- be able to motivate and hold to account staff
In return, we will offer you:
- genuinely excellent teaching facilities in a modern building having been recently upgraded
- a chance to make your mark in a friendly supportive school with good promotional prospects
Visits to the school encouraged – please see information sheet
Closing Date for applications: Noon Tuesday 6th March 2018
No CV’s or agencies.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.