Events Sales Consultant
We’re Retail Week.
Retail Week is the leading authority on retailing in the UK, providing industry news, insightful analysis, comment and key data. We cover the entire UK retail sector, including, food, fashion, home and DIY, entertainment and general merchandise as well as e-tail, multi-channel, store interiors, finance, technology and property.
About the role
We're looking for an Events Sales Consultant to join our team in London. As part of our Events Sales Team your key responsibilities will include:
- Acquiring an extensive comprehension of market trends and developments in the UK retailing sector; as well as understanding the competitor landscape
- Exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets- ensuring maximum possible delivery against sales targets through the retention of customers and the generation of new business in your patch.
- Developing a strong pipeline of business providing three times cover of the monthly sales target.
- Work cross functionally with other departments and stakeholders to drive revenue
- Develop exceptional relationships with clients by understanding their needs
- Working closely with the marketing team to identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Providing client feedback to the editorial and product development teams to help shape our product offering and overall event strategy
- Exceeding the Retail Week sales standards around behaviors and productivity, including call times. As well as regularly maintaining accurate records of sales process activity in SalesForce and reporting as required.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Minimum one years’ experience in sales / business development
- Proven and successful track record of a consultative new business approach
- Retail, recruitment or technology experience preferred, but not essential
- Events experience desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational, written and oral communication skills and the ability and confidence to identify and win new business
- Experience CRM user (preferably SalesForce)
- Must be familiar with general programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What we offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities.
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
More information provided on:
Retail Week is a part of the Ascential group.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products – increasingly offered both face to face and online - to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
Check out our incredible portfolio:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?