School Based Social Worker
Hours: 36 hours a week, 40 weeks a year (term time plus INSETs and one additional week)
Salary:Surrey Pay Grade 9 (£33,167 - £38,312 FTE) £28,998 - £33,497 pro rata
Are you a trained social worker who enjoys working with children and families, looking for a fresh challenge?
Westfield Primary School are looking to appoint a social worker to join our pastoral team, with responsibility for leading meetings and working with children’s services and other agencies to help safeguard children and improve family functioning and wellbeing.
About the Role
Westfield is a larger than average school, located in a quiet residential area, providing for pupils aged 4 to 11 years old. Ofsted recently judged the school as ‘Good’ and commented on the “caring and welcoming atmosphere” which “provides effectively for current pupils” (Ofsted, 2017). At Westfield we believe in a community that has a love of learning and a love of life. We aim to foster a sense of PRIDE in everything we do to make school an enjoyable experience and allow every child to achieve their maximum potential. We are looking for somebody who is:
- Able to communicate effectively with children and young people and an engage them to participate in decisions about their lives
- Able to develop and maintain effective partnerships with other professionals and families, to ensure children are safeguarded and their needs met
- Able to write reports, case notes and maintain other documentation as necessary in line with statutory requirements, school policy and best practice
- Understand and appreciate the need for confidentiality and take appropriate steps to maintain a high level of security of records
- Is resilient with experience of handling difficult persons and stressful situations
- Has a qualification in Social Work recognised by the Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC)
In return, our wonderful school can offer:
- A supportive, hardworking and friendly team who are committed to achieving the best for our children
- An encouraging and caring ethos
- Regular professional supervision and opportunities for continuing professional development
There is a degree of flexibility in the working hours and the role could be split between two people, so we would encourage anybody who feels they have the appropriate skills, experience and qualifications to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school ahead of applying and are welcome to ring the school office to arrange a visit. Closing Date: 15th February 2018
Shortlisting 19th February 2018
Interviews: 22nd February 2018
Start Date: ASAP following completion of pre-employment checks
Westfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to complete an enhanced DBS check and all job offers are subject to satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Westfield Primary Schools is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably experienced persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.