Building Surveyor / Engineer / Claims Validation / Negotiation
Job Title: Surveyor Engineer
Location: Moreton, Wirral
Salary: Negotiable Dependent on Experience
This Organisation provides a quality reinstatement and repair service to both the insurance and property sectors via a panel of managed and vetted building contractors, this also includes post works settlement / negotiation.
They deal with a variety of insurance related property claims and provide exceptional customer service to their clients and customers.
The Organisation is looking for a Surveyor or Engineer to join their growing business in a fantastic working environment.
Within this role, you will be dealing with a mix of household and commercial property claims, reviewing costs for authorisation and claims for damages to be settled on a negotiated basis. In addition to this, you will provide a general technical presence and point of referral for clients and staff
You will be expected to manage a busy caseload and work to a high professional standard, providing excellent customer service (both written and telephone based); answering queries and providing assistance on the technical aspects of claims for property repair.
The role is office based but when required; you should be open to the prospect of completing onsite inspections.
Experience in reviewing schemes for building repair and their associated cost is essential; experience of insurance matters is preferable. Experience with Highways and Crown Property will also be an advantage, although not essential.
- Recognised Building or Surveying Qualification (HNC minimum / equivalent) or the ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience of Construction industry
- Detailed knowledge of domestic renovation and repair (site experience preferred)
- A working knowledge of Insurance perils (preferred but not essential)
- I.T. Literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel. Should also be adaptable/receptive to new and changing technology
- Comprehension of CDM & Party Wall issues
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing with excellent report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- The ability to project presence and confidence
- Ability to add value to the business and contribute to both innovation and the pursuit of excellence
- Commitment and drive to work within targets/deadlines and to rigorous levels of quality on a self-propelled basis
- Reliable, well presented and ambitious
- Full Driving Licence
- Excellent customer service skills within an office environment
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter.
Candidates with experience of; Building Surveyor, Property Inspector, Building Engineer, Inspection Engineer, Property Engineer, Surveying Engineer, Property Surveyor, Property Inspection Clerk, Building Inspection Clerk, Claims validation, Insurance Surveying, Property Inspection Engineer, Building Inspection Engineer may also be considered for this position.