CONFERENCE EXECUTIVE - MARINE SCIENCE, OCEAN TECHNOLOGY AND ENERGY EVENT
Conference Executive - Marine Science, ocean technology and energy event.
A world leading media and events organisation specialising in publishing and business information has an exciting opportunity for an energetic Conference Executive, to join their Energy and Marine team, to work across conferences in Europe, Asia and North America.
The role involves providing administrative, marketing and operational support to the Conference Manager, assisting in delivering seminars/conferences and events onsite at the relevant shows and exhibitions.
- Acting as a point-of-contact pre and during show for the Conference Manager and speakers
- Supporting / advising the speakers throughout the entire event process
- Managing speaker queries / assisting with hotel and flight bookings, visa support letter creation and registration when required
- Collating and gathering of seminar information including abstracts, session titles, synopses, speaker biographies, photos and presentations
- Creating and managing the dedicated online speakers portal pre and post show
- Uploading seminar and conference information to event websites
- Co-ordinating delegate lists and badges for conferences when needed (liaising with registration team if necessary)
- Creating and proofing seminar holding slides for use at the events
- Managing the creation of event programme pages and support the Conference and Marketing Manager on the proofing of promotional materials
- Assisting the operational aspects of the conference pre & post event and on-site
- Liaising with venue to manage layout / logistics of all conference & speaker rooms
- Co-ordinating AV, catering, hostesses, speaker gifts and signage directly with the operations/venue/third party suppliers and assisting the management of these onsite
- Assisting on-site video, photography & recording of conference and any post show editing required
- Creating post show delegate/speaker surveys and analysis of results
- Participating in event teams’ weekly meetings with the Exhibition Director, Marketing, Sales, Conference, Operations and Co-ordination team members
- Producing weekly conference reports as required
- Researching potential content for inclusion in the conference programmes as required
Ideal candidate profile:
Good multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritise
Ability to meet deadlines within budget and under pressure
Strong time and project management skills
Excellent copywriting and verbal communication skills
Exceptional attention to details
Strong online experience
Experience in a event / exhibition background would be an advantage
Online content management / web skills an advantage
Experience in digital and social media marketing an advantage
Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office applications
Event operations experience would be an advantage
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated team player with a determined and mature approach.
If you have these skills, please send your CV asap to The Career Factor Ltd, who are acting as agents in this matter. Only successful candidates will be contacted.