CONTENT & CONFERENCE STRATEGY MANAGER - RETAIL CONFERENCES & EXHIBITIONS
Content & Conference Strategy Manager - Retail Conferences & Exhibitions.
This is a great chance to join a world leading media business and FTSE 100 company. As an events, exhibition and conference company they bring together millions of event participants from around the world, across 43 different industry sectors. Their Retail Group is looking for a dynamic Content Manager to help led the portfolio of B2B activities that bring together the Retailers and Brands who are looking to source technology, payment solutions, design/shop fitting and digital solutions.
They are seeking a high-calibre, energetic and enthusiastic individual to take on a Content Manager role to define, develop and deliver the content/conference strategy for the group. This exciting and creative role is ideally suited for a conference producer with proven experience who is keen to take on a role that offers a high degree of autonomy and accountability.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate and customer-centric team and to play a key role in the further development and growth of a well-known and popular brand in a booming industry.
Team Structure: Content Manager, Event Director ; Job Purpose: Contribute to the success of the Retail Group events by creating, developing and implementing the content strategy for the Retail Group of events.Key responsibilities:
Conference and Content Production:
- Conducting in-depth research via telephone calls, desk research, face-to-face meetings, surveys and Advisory Councils to generate hot topics and new conference formats and to create conference agendas that meet the needs of the target audiences.
- Identifying and securing high-profile speakers from leading retail and brands.
- Managing the exhibitor call for papers process.
- Collaborating with the marketing team to support the delivery of the visitor audience by producing a highly topical conference agenda and a strong speaker line-up
- Contributing to the content marketing strategy and tactics for the event through copywriting, speaker interviews, securing speaker blogs etc. Writing a full conference brief for the marketing team.
- Collaborating with the sales team to understand the needs of the exhibitor customer identify sponsorship and new product opportunities
Working closely with the editorial team to understand the key market trends, develop the agenda and raise the profile of the speakers
- Accountability for developing the production timeline toensure conference programmes are delivered on time and working with the event directors and marketing managers to integrate the production schedule into the overall event schedule.
- Working with external partners and consultants to leverage their networks to develop the programmes and recruit speakers.
- Building and nurturing long-term relationships with senior retail executives including recruiting and managing a high-profile Advisory Council of industry leaders from retail and brands.
Innovation and Analysis:
- Managing and analysing event feedback and use data to innovate and develop conference strategies.
- Analysing post event audience attendance data to measure the effectiveness of the conference programmes and identify opportunities to innovate and improve the conference programme.
- Constantly innovate conference topics, formats, speakers and products.
Event Management and Administration:
- Building relationships with all speakers and liaising withthem from appointment through to the event.
- Updating all marketing, sales and operations teams with programmes, speakers in a timely fashion.
- Maintaining fully updated programmes, speaker lists and speaker biographies.
- Uploading and updating all conference contact on the websites.
- Managing speakers’ budget.
- Onsite management and ownership for the running order, schedule and agenda of the conference.
- Quickly developing an understanding of the retail sector and the needs of our customers.
- Building long-term industry relationships and be seen as part of the industry.
- Attending the relevant industry events to expand your knowledge and network with key industry figures.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Minimum two years-experience as a conference producer (experience of the retail sector is preferable but not essential).
- Excellent research and analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong influencing and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent copy-writing skills.
- Able to work under pressure and prepared to focus all efforts to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a wider team with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly organised and able to multi-task and manage your time excellently.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
If you have these skills, please send your CV to The Career Factor Ltd asap, who are acting as agents in this matter. Only successful candidates will be contacted.